Re: Problem for SetInterval for GET data from connetion manager

  • wejiangwe
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1 11:10 AM
      I don't know that issue clearly, my co-worker said when we tried to
      implement custom sorting, we ran into problems that we're unable to
      access other column values in the same row. Therefore redundant
      string parsing had to be done which is a serious limitation.

      Any suggestion?

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Gopalarathnam Venkatesan
      <gopal@...> wrote:

      > wejiangwe wrote:
      > >

      > > Thank you, Mike.
      > > The URL is internal, it seems cannot show external.
      > > I added the randomized sequence, it works, but my boss thinks it
      is
      > > not a good way.
      > >
      > > For serving a cache-busting header, I tried to add "Cache-
      Control"
      > > to "No-cache" on the header, but doesn't work.
      > >
      > > And there are other issues for datasource utility, eventually we
      > > abadon to use YUI library.
      > >

      > Just curious to know what issues you are facing with YUI.
      >
      > --
      > Gopalarathnam Venkatesan
      >
      > http://gopalarathnam.com/

    • Mike Lee (YUI)
      Message 2 of 13 , May 2 2:46 PM
        > Thank you, Mike.
        > The URL is internal, it seems cannot show external.
        > I added the randomized sequence, it works, but my boss thinks it is
        > not a good way.

        By the way, using a randomized sequence in a URL is a common practice
        used by a lot of large web applications. The disadvantages of using
        unique URLs like this is that they cannot be bookmarked - but since
        you're trying to defeat the cache and this file is not accessible by end
        users, bookmarking is no concern.

        I don't want to cause you any trouble with your boss, but just so you
        know, using randomized sequences in URLs for your particular use case is
        a common practice and isn't considered harmful by many. Using
        server-side techniques may be cleaner, but randomized sequences aren't
        necessarily bad.

        In any case, good luck with your application!

        The URL is internal, it seems cannot show external.
        I added the randomized sequence, it works, but my boss thinks it is
        not a good way.

        For serving a cache-busting header, I tried to add "Cache-Control"
        to "No-cache" on the header, but doesn't work.

        And there are other issues for datasource utility, eventually we
        abadon to use YUI library.

        Anyway, thank you so much for help.