YUI Calendar, how to render an a week on a hover?

  • tonsrot
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2007
      Trying to have the YUI calendar highlight the current week that it is
      currently hoving over, versus just the single date.

      Really stumped on where to really beginning. Anyone have any ideas?
    • tonsrot
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2007
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tonsrot" <tonsrot@...> wrote:

        > Trying to have the YUI calendar highlight the current week that it is
        > currently hoving over, versus just the single date.
        >
        > Really stumped on where to really beginning. Anyone have any ideas?

        bah, and I found it a hour later ;)

        For anyone interested:
        http://www.culture.gov.sk/extras/yui/examples/calendar/row_highlight/index.html
      • tonsrot
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2007
          Unfortunately, that answer uses the deprecated Calendar_Core class.

          Does anyone know where the

          prependCssClass

          function went to, so I can replicate this using the more up to date yui?
        • Satyen Desai
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2007

            Just wanted to point out that the example link is based on a fairly old version of Calendar [ 11.3 ], so if you're working with a more recent version of Calendar, you'll need to revisit the code in the over-ridden doCellMouseOver, doCellMouseOut methods, to make sure they're still compatible.

            For example, Calendar_Core has been deprecated, but you can use YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass, removeClass to modify the row element's CSS classes instead.

            You may also be able do this without over-riding the methods (so that it's not as susceptible to changes in the Calendar implementation) using domEventMap. http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.Calendar.html#domEventMap and using the CSS class for selectable cells - Style.CSS_CELL_SELECTABLE

            Satyen

            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2007
              Here's the domEventMap example:

              http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v222/examples/calendar/domEventMap.html

              Ideally, this and the original example could be modified to be a
              little cleaner (and better performing) by not switching the TR CSS
              class for every TD mouseover/out but only when the row actually
              changes.

              Hope that helps,
              Satyen
            • tonsrot
              Message 6 of 6 , May 2, 2007
                *picks jaw off floor*

                wow! That's awesome! That's pretty much exactly what I've been trying
                to do, thanks a ton for the help!