Dialog Cleanup

  • sun52tzu
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007
      What is the easiest way to clean up the DOM (document.forms[]) of any
      dialog created dynamically?

      Using Firebug, I can see multiple instances of the dialog that I
      create dynamically when a button is pressed.

      I added a cleanup section where I delete the dialog itself but I
      haven't found the easiest way to cleanup the document.forms array.

      Thanks

      EricG
    • jamoville
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2007
        What version of the yahoo ui are you using? The latest version fixes
        a memory leak I discovered (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ydn-
        javascript/message/10228)

        If you are using an older version you will need to apply the leak or
        you will never clean up the dialogs you create. In my application a
        subscribe to my dialogs hide event. When the dialog is hidden I call
        destroy on the dialog and then set the dialog to null. This cleans
        up the forms as seen in firebug.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "sun52tzu" <eric.giard@...>