Re: Problem for SetInterval for GET data from connetion manager

  • tssha
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1 10:04 AM
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "wejiangwe" <wejiangwe@...> wrote:

      > Thank you, Mike.
      > The URL is internal, it seems cannot show external.
      > I added the randomized sequence, it works, but my boss thinks it is
      > not a good way.

      How so?

      > For serving a cache-busting header, I tried to add "Cache-Control"
      > to "No-cache" on the header, but doesn't work.

      There isn't just one solution.

      Issue a far-past Expires header and, or a Last-Modified header that
      insures every cached result is instantly outdated.

      Even the Cache-Control has more options that you're showing. For example:
      header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
      header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);

      Regards,
      Thomas
    • Gopalarathnam Venkatesan
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1 10:36 AM
        wejiangwe wrote:

        > Thank you, Mike.
        > The URL is internal, it seems cannot show external.
        > I added the randomized sequence, it works, but my boss thinks it is
        > not a good way.
        >
        > For serving a cache-busting header, I tried to add "Cache-Control"
        > to "No-cache" on the header, but doesn't work.
        >
        > And there are other issues for datasource utility, eventually we
        > abadon to use YUI library.

        Just curious to know what issues you are facing with YUI.

        --
        Gopalarathnam Venkatesan

        http://gopalarathnam.com/
      • wejiangwe
        Message 3 of 13 , May 1 11:10 AM
          I don't know that issue clearly, my co-worker said when we tried to
          implement custom sorting, we ran into problems that we're unable to
          access other column values in the same row. Therefore redundant
          string parsing had to be done which is a serious limitation.

          Any suggestion?

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Gopalarathnam Venkatesan
          <gopal@...> wrote:

          > wejiangwe wrote:
          > >

          > > Thank you, Mike.
          > > The URL is internal, it seems cannot show external.
          > > I added the randomized sequence, it works, but my boss thinks it
          is
          > > not a good way.
          > >
          > > For serving a cache-busting header, I tried to add "Cache-
          Control"
          > > to "No-cache" on the header, but doesn't work.
          > >
          > > And there are other issues for datasource utility, eventually we
          > > abadon to use YUI library.
          > >

          > Just curious to know what issues you are facing with YUI.
          >
          > --
          > Gopalarathnam Venkatesan
          >
          > http://gopalarathnam.com/

        • Mike Lee (YUI)
          Message 4 of 13 , May 2 2:46 PM
            > Thank you, Mike.
            > The URL is internal, it seems cannot show external.
            > I added the randomized sequence, it works, but my boss thinks it is
            > not a good way.

            By the way, using a randomized sequence in a URL is a common practice
            used by a lot of large web applications. The disadvantages of using
            unique URLs like this is that they cannot be bookmarked - but since
            you're trying to defeat the cache and this file is not accessible by end
            users, bookmarking is no concern.

            I don't want to cause you any trouble with your boss, but just so you
            know, using randomized sequences in URLs for your particular use case is
            a common practice and isn't considered harmful by many. Using
            server-side techniques may be cleaner, but randomized sequences aren't
            necessarily bad.

            In any case, good luck with your application!

            The URL is internal, it seems cannot show external.
            I added the randomized sequence, it works, but my boss thinks it is
            not a good way.

            For serving a cache-busting header, I tried to add "Cache-Control"
            to "No-cache" on the header, but doesn't work.

            And there are other issues for datasource utility, eventually we
            abadon to use YUI library.

            Anyway, thank you so much for help.