DataTable update DataSource

  • k_and_u
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2007

      I have a DataTable with an associated DataSource. The chages of the
      DataSource are not visible in the DataTable. What should I do to make
      it work?

      The problem appears in version 2.2.2. In 2.2.0 I made do with this:

      var newData = myOtherDataTable.getRecordSet().replace(tblDataTime);
      myOtherDataTable.replaceRows(newData);

      Thanks in advance,

      --
      Kamen
    • k_and_u
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2007
        Of course, I can create a new instance of the table on each occasion,
        but is this what I'm supposed to do?

        --
        Kamen
      • jstell
        Message 3 of 7 , May 4, 2007
          I am doing this in 2.2.2 with:

          var updatedData = myDataSource.parseJSONData("",jsonObj);
          myDataTable.getRecordSet().replace(updatedData);
          myDataTable.showPage(1);

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "k_and_u" <k_and_u@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I have a DataTable with an associated DataSource. The chages of the
          > DataSource are not visible in the DataTable. What should I do to make
          > it work?
          >
          > The problem appears in version 2.2.2. In 2.2.0 I made do with this:
          >
          > var newData = myOtherDataTable.getRecordSet().replace(tblDataTime);
          > myOtherDataTable.replaceRows(newData);
          >
          > Thanks in advance,
          >
          > --
          > Kamen

        • k_and_u
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 19, 2007
            This doesn't work. showPage raises an excetpion probably because my
            datatable is not from more than one page.

            Any other ideas? I tried re-creating the table but the performance is
            terrible.

            Thank you very much,
            --
            Kamen

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jstell" <jstell@...> wrote:

            > I am doing this in 2.2.2 with:
            >
            > var updatedData = myDataSource.parseJSONData("",jsonObj);
            > myDataTable.getRecordSet().replace(updatedData);
            > myDataTable.showPage(1);
            >

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "k_and_u" <k_and_u@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > I have a DataTable with an associated DataSource. The chages of the
            > > DataSource are not visible in the DataTable. What should I do to make
            > > it work?
            > >
            > > The problem appears in version 2.2.2. In 2.2.0 I made do with this:
            > >
            > > var newData = myOtherDataTable.getRecordSet().replace(tblDataTime);
            > > myOtherDataTable.replaceRows(newData);
            > >
            > > Thanks in advance,
            > >
            > > --
            > > Kamen

          • Ted Husted
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 19, 2007
              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "k_and_u" <k_and_u@...> wrote:

              > This doesn't work. showPage raises an excetpion probably because my
              > datatable is not from more than one page.

              Try

              oDataTable.replaceRows(refreshedRecords);
              oDataTable.showPage(oDataTable.pageCurrent);

              or

              oDataList.replaceRows(refreshedRecords);
              oDataList.showPage(0);

              HTH, Ted.
              http://yazaar.org/

              > Any other ideas? I tried re-creating the table but the performance
              > is
              > terrible.
              >
              > Thank you very much,
              > --
              > Kamen
              >

              > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jstell" <jstell@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I am doing this in 2.2.2 with:
              > >
              > > var updatedData = myDataSource.parseJSONData("",jsonObj);
              > > myDataTable.getRecordSet().replace(updatedData);
              > > myDataTable.showPage(1);
              > >

              > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "k_and_u" <k_and_u@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi,
              > > >
              > > > I have a DataTable with an associated DataSource. The chages of the
              > > > DataSource are not visible in the DataTable. What should I do to
              make
              > > > it work?
              > > >
              > > > The problem appears in version 2.2.2. In 2.2.0 I made do with this:
              > > >
              > > > var newData = myOtherDataTable.getRecordSet().replace(tblDataTime);
              > > > myOtherDataTable.replaceRows(newData);
              > > >
              > > > Thanks in advance,
              > > >
              > > > --
              > > > Kamen

            • k_and_u
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 19, 2007
                Finally a solution! Thank you very much!
                I even don't have to call showPage.

                --
                Kamen

                --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Husted" <husted@...> wrote:

                > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "k_and_u" <k_and_u@> wrote:
                > >
                > > This doesn't work. showPage raises an excetpion probably because my
                > > datatable is not from more than one page.
                >
                > Try
                >
                > oDataTable.replaceRows(refreshedRecords);
                > oDataTable.showPage(oDataTable.pageCurrent);
                >
                > or
                >
                > oDataList.replaceRows(refreshedRecords);
                > oDataList.showPage(0);
                >
                > HTH, Ted.
                > http://yazaar.org/
                >
                > > Any other ideas? I tried re-creating the table but the performance
                > > is
                > > terrible.
                > >
                > > Thank you very much,
                > > --
                > > Kamen
                > >

                > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jstell" <jstell@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I am doing this in 2.2.2 with:
                > > >
                > > > var updatedData = myDataSource.parseJSONData("",jsonObj);
                > > > myDataTable.getRecordSet().replace(updatedData);
                > > > myDataTable.showPage(1);

                > make

                myOtherDataTable.getRecordSet().replace(tblDataTime);

              • Ted Husted
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 19, 2007
                  You might need to call showPage after replaceRows.

                  myOtherDataTable.showPage(myOtherDataTable.pageCurrent);

                  -Ted.