"Container" objects and Safari don't "finish" loading

  • Alan Pinstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007
      I have been using Container extensively in my app and noticed
      something interesting doing cross-browser testing.

      On Safari, "Container" instances do something odd which causes Safari
      to think it's not finished loading...

      You can see this reproduced with even the most trivial Module example
      from YUI:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/module/2.html

      Notice that the "Status Bar" shows "Loading ...., completed 9 of 10
      items", and if you look in the "Activity Viewer" for the page it
      looks as if it's loading an iframe or something but never finishes...

      I am curious what causes this, as I cannot figure it out. Also, I
      think it might be related to a bug that I see sometimes in which all
      of the links just "disappear" on mouseover (Safari only).

      Has anyone else noticed this?

      Alan