Context Panel not repositioning on window resize

  • sandrat_44
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 8:01 AM
      I have a set of links arranged horizontally with panels for each
      link, where the panels are positioned in the context of each link
      ["tl", "br"]. constraintoviewport: true.

      When the page loads, no problem. I hover over the links and the
      panels appear (trying to mimick the info balloons like you would see
      at "Netflix".) If the document width is less than the space needed
      to show the trailing panels ["tl", "br"], they scoot/slide over and
      under the link, to the left to remain in the viewport. No Problem.

      Now, if I resize the window width to anything less than the current
      width, or more accurately, to less than a width that all the
      rendered panels occupy, I get horiz. scrollbars in the browser
      window, and whitespace to the right of the page layout which is the
      difference of the width of all the rendered panels (x-position or
      the right edge of the last rendered panel) minus the current
      viewport width. Caveat: only tested with IE6 - where I work, they
      haven't allowed installing other browsers...

      When this happens, If I refresh the screen, the panels are rendered
      correctly in the current width of the viewport. However, I hate to
      have to refresh the screen, especially on pages where a user might
      be filling a form out and happens to have need to resize the window!

      I tried to add an event listner YAHOO.util.Event.addListner
      (window, "resize", init); to have it re-render the panels, but it
      seems to be the wrong thing to do... reading more postings I get the
      sense, I should be changing the panel configuration, but have not
      seen a good example to help.

      I'll be grateful for any help, and will continue to look for an
      answer while waiting.

      Thanks.