Dragdrop performance gradually descreasing

  • Binoy
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2007

      I am new to yui. I have already posted one issue over here. But
      didn't get any reply :-( .

      I have created scheduler (like http://www.calendar.google.com). This
      contains a grid where the user can place events (schedules). The grid
      contains around 300 dropable (target) area and around 50 draggable
      elements. On body load i am initializing all my targets and onmouseover
      of the event I am making it as draggable. I have also given paging
      through ajax. So the user can drag one event from one page (eg: today)
      to another page (eg:tomorrow). All these things are working fine. But
      the performance of the application is gradually decreasing. I think I
      need to remove the items from cache.

      I am confused with removefromgroup, unreg, unregall and refreshcache.

      How can I improve the performance of the application ?

      Please guide me.
    • Adam Moore
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2007
        On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 07:43:06AM -0000, Binoy wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I am new to yui. I have already posted one issue over here. But
        > didn't get any reply :-( .
        >
        > I have created scheduler (like http://www.calendar.google.com). This
        > contains a grid where the user can place events (schedules). The grid
        > contains around 300 dropable (target) area and around 50 draggable
        > elements. On body load i am initializing all my targets and onmouseover
        > of the event I am making it as draggable. I have also given paging
        > through ajax. So the user can drag one event from one page (eg: today)
        > to another page (eg:tomorrow). All these things are working fine. But
        > the performance of the application is gradually decreasing. I think I
        > need to remove the items from cache.
        >
        > I am confused with removefromgroup, unreg, unregall and refreshcache.
        >
        > How can I improve the performance of the application ?

        The more targets there are available to a drag and drop object, the
        greater the performance impact. If performance is decreasing over time,
        you are probably creating more drag and drop objects each time the user
        changes from one page to another. "unreg" will unregister a drag and drop
        instance. When you create a new set of drag and drop objects you can use
        unreg to destroy the drag and drop objects that are no longer targetable.

        -Adam