Re: Automated Testing Frameworks

  • Ted Husted
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2007
      OK, the Selenium tests were a slow start at first, since some of the
      Ajax events are not picked up by the recorder. But, so far, I've been
      able to add everything else we need manually (but still using the
      Selenium IDE). In a DataTable environment, the recording becomes a
      template for the test, to which we add the missing click events, as
      well as the usual unrecordable events like "TextNotPresent.".

      I've added several Selenium tests to an example application that's
      online here:

      * http://www.geocities.com/planetyazaar/examples/phonebook/Home.html

      To run the tests yourself, install the Selenium IDE plugin for FireFox
      (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2079), and open this
      long, strange URI.

      *
      chrome://selenium-ide/content/selenium/TestRunner.html?baseURL=http://www.geocities.com/planetyazaar&test=http://www.geocities.com/planetyazaar/examples/phonebook/test/index.html&auto=true

      Chrome is a special FireFox protocol that can utilize a plugin, in
      this case the Selenium IDE plugin.

      So long as the GeoCities bandwidth holds out, the test suite should
      run inside the browser against the server site. In different frames,
      you will be able to see the test scripts and the application as it
      runs through its paces.

      HTH, Ted.