Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: How can I make year selection?

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2007
      Helen,

      We expect to provide this feature in Calendar in our next release, which is currently projected for July.

      For now, you can see my take on year selection here:

      Moving the navigation to the header would not be trivial, but it's obviously not impossible, either.  You'd need to take a close look at the Calendar's render process and make sure your new controls are fully integrated.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Apr 26, 2007, at 3:07 PM, whoislight wrote:

      Hi Eric,

      ...In a more advanced implementation, we could subclass Calendar to
      build in these behaviors...

      — Eric Miraglia

      So any plans to subclass Calendar in a (near) future YUI library version?

      I'd prefer to add the year drop-down to the header of a 1-up calendar,
      but I'm not sure where to start. Any advice?

      Thanks,
      Helen