Handling 405 error while using YUI Connection Manager

  • Thomas James
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2007
      Hi all

      Would appreciate if any one could help me on this

      started working on connection manager recently and while trying to work around a few examples, i happened to come aross an error..

      like have a simple ajax application using YUI utility in which the suer enter his/her name and a welcome message is displayed.

      When i submit the page on mouse click, it works fine. but when i press enter key i get the following error

                             " Sorry, Method Not Allowed.The requested method is not allowed for this URL."

      do i need to do anything in my code to overcome this?

      TIA

    • tssha
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27, 2007
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas James" <uiyahoo@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > Would appreciate if any one could help me on this
        >
        > started working on connection manager recently and while trying to work
        > around a few examples, i happened to come aross an error..
        >
        > like have a simple ajax application using YUI utility in which the suer
        > enter his/her name and a welcome message is displayed.
        >
        > When i submit the page on mouse click, it works fine. but when i
        press enter
        > key i get the following error
        >
        > " Sorry, Method Not Allowed.The requested
        method is
        > not allowed for this URL."
        >
        > do i need to do anything in my code to overcome this?

        Let's see some code of what you're trying to do, including script and
        HTML.

        Regards,
        Thomas
      • Thomas James
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2007

          hi thomas...

          i kind of worked around that problem by using a JS function to disbale the enter key functionality .....

          thanks :)

          and i too happen to named Thomas :D

          On 4/27/07, tssha <tsha@...> wrote:

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas James" <uiyahoo@...> wrote:

          > Hi all
          >
          > Would appreciate if any one could help me on this
          >
          > started working on connection manager recently and while trying to work
          > around a few examples, i happened to come aross an error..
          >
          > like have a simple ajax application using YUI utility in which the suer
          > enter his/her name and a welcome message is displayed.
          >
          > When i submit the page on mouse click, it works fine. but when i
          press enter
          > key i get the following error
          >
          > " Sorry, Method Not Allowed.The requested
          method is
          > not allowed for this URL."
          >
          > do i need to do anything in my code to overcome this?

          Let's see some code of what you're trying to do, including script and
          HTML.

          Regards,
          Thomas

        • Gopalarathnam Venkatesan
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
            Thomas James wrote:

            > hi thomas...
            >
            > i kind of worked around that problem by using a JS function to disbale
            > the enter key functionality .....

            Hi James:

            Do you have the sample code to show us?

            I believe you must have bound the listener to "button click", instead
            bind it to "form submit", it should work. You don't need to disable the
            "ENTER" key functionality, which becomes an issue on accessibility.

            --
            Gopalarathnam Venkatesan

            http://gopalarathnam.com/