Yahoo UI Calendar and Asp.net Ajax

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2007
      Hello All,

      I am very new to the Yahoo UI, spent an entire day reading some of
      the documentation and trying a few things out. However, after much
      debate I decided to go with the Yahoo UI Calendar in an application I
      am building. Here is my problem:

      My application is written in Asp.net C# and is built using the
      Asp.net Ajax framework. I placed a calendar on my page and it seems
      to be working very well, I added a selectEvent that puts the date in
      a text box on the page. After some testing I noticed that after I
      did a async postback that the calendar would disappear. So then I
      added the init() function on my pageLoad(). After I added that the
      calendar showed up, but there was a problem, none of the css styling
      was applied.

      I was wondering if there was something else I needed to add in order
      for the calendar to have the css applied.

      Thanks for any help in advance.

      Adam
    • Satyen Desai
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2007
        Hey Adam,

        I would guess that this related to the ASP.NET AJAX framework and how it handles async requests, more than the actual Calendar code.

        I'm not familiar with ASP.NET's AJAX framework. Based on other server-side widget frameworks I've worked with which have Ajax support, many of them let you post async calls and automatically populate predefined areas of the page with partial HTML content returned from the call (the HTML generated by the server-side widget for example, after it's state changes) which is where the problem might be. The initial page render ends up being different from the partial page render.

        If you can post a link to the app, I can try looking at what's going on.

        If not, if you can post an example of how you're including the calendar's markup, js and css on initial page render (if it's with an ASP tag which represents a server-side calendar control and renders everything, or if you're hardcoding it) and if you define any dynamically update-able areas on your page, which contain the calendar code, we can go from there.

        Regards,
        Satyen

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.