Re: TabView - Javascript doesn't work

  • Ted Husted
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2007
      YUI is a User Interface library. The library is a collection of Ajax
      widgets that developers can use to build interactive web applications.

      The data access model is via web service calls that return XML, JSON,
      or other text-based data types. The implementation of the web server
      is independant of the library. So long as it returns XML or JSON, then
      YUI should be able to use it.

      YUI is not an end-to-end solution. Developers must be savvy enough to
      provide their own web service backend. For more about how YUI can
      connect to web services, see the YUI Connection Manager object. Other
      common Ajax techniques for creating XmlHttpRequests work as well.

      YUI is the same library that Yahoo! uses with many of its own
      public-facing sites, so I'd venture that Yahoo! qualifies as an
      enterprise application :)

      HTH, Ted.
      <http://husted.com/ted/blog/>

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, VAIRAM VS <vsv02@...> wrote:

      > I am sorry, I meant YUI.
      > What if I want to display multiple forms in M-D-D relational model i
      want to display each of them in a separate tab.
      > I understand that YUI examples don't require database backends.
      However, without they interface with database or any other data
      provider web service, xml or any such methods, what is the benefit of YUI.
      > Is YUI usage is for enterprise applications.
      > thanks for you response.
      > vsv

      sure they can point you in the right direction.

      > No YUI examples require database backends, as that would make them
      far less portable. But AutoComplete and DataTable examples, as well
      as Connection Manager examples, model techniques you'd use in talking
      to a database.

      > Regards,
      > Eric
      >

      > On Mar 30, 2007, at 10:53 PM, VAIRAM VS wrote:
      >

      > Is there an sample Database intensive application that uses dojo?
      > thanks
      > vsv

      Yahoo! Games.