Re: [ydn-javascript] Getting the ready state from Connection manager

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2007
      Rebecca,

      Do you have a url you can point us to?

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Apr 2, 2007, at 11:50 AM, rjy7 wrote:

      Eric,

      I'm trying to do the same thing as Ian: I don't need anything as
      sophisticated as a progress meter, just an activity indicator to show that
      something is happening while the user waits for the new content to load. I
      display the animated gif right after make the call to
      YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest, and then have the responseText fade in,
      replacing the animated gif in the same div. What happens is that there is a
      significant delay between the time the gif stops displaying and when the
      responseText appears, so the div is still empty for a noticeable period of
      time. Any idea of how I might fix this?

      Thanks for any help you can give.

      Rebecca Younes