MenuItem getProperty("value") returns null..

  • andresm1981
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
      I think I found a bug in the MenuItem class, but I am not sure..

      if I have a MenuItem called "myMenuItem"

      I can access its value property by doing this:

      itemValue= myMenuItem.value

      but NOT like this:

      myMenuItem.getProperty("value") (it returns null..)

      is this deliberate? To access its text property
      myMenuItem.getProperty("text") works fine....
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2007
        It is not a bug. The value property is not a configuration property and therefore is not accessed via the "getProperty" method.

        I think I found a bug in the MenuItem class, but I am not sure..

        if I have a MenuItem called "myMenuItem"

        I can access its value property by doing this:

        itemValue= myMenuItem.value

        but NOT like this:

        myMenuItem.getProperty("value") (it returns null..)

        is this deliberate? To access its text property
        myMenuItem.getProperty("text") works fine....

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • andresm1981
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2007
          Thanks for your help!

          I was thrown off because the API documentation has no indication
          whether a property is a configuration property or not.

          Now I notice that the main page for the Menu Widget lists which are
          configuration properties