Re: [ydn-javascript] Trouble with proxies

  • Adam Moore
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 4:07 PM
      On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 03:01:16PM -0700, John A. Vieth wrote:
      > Could you please give me an example of precisely how I need to override endDrag?

      ddinstance.endDrag = function(){}; // this can be empty

      > Also, I was under the impression that DD and DDProxy were virtually identical, except that DDProxy just drags a substitute element (proxy) instead of the real thing, but all other properties and methods pertain to the real element, not the proxy/displayed substitute. Am I correct? If not, please clarify.

      This is correct, and fact that different elements are moving is the reason
      why your particular implementation need change a bit when switching between
      the two.

      DD instances: the source element is repositioned continuously during the drag.

      DDProxy instances: the source element is hidden while you drag, and not
      moved at all until endDrag.

      -Adam