Re: Using setForm with multiple submit buttons?

  • tssha
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "j_s_shirley" <jshirley@...> wrote:

      > I'm building up a nice little YUI-based widget set, but me and my team
      > have encountered an odd problem.
      >
      > In one form, we have multiple submit buttons that are designed to
      > perform a different action -- nothing fancy. Without the YUI async
      > submit, it works as expected.
      >
      > I hitch in the submit code (Event is set to YAHOO.util.Event):
      > Event.onAvailable(formElement, function(browser) {
      > if ( this.async ) this.async.value = 1;
      > Event.on(this, "submit", browser.processFormSubmit, browser, this);
      > }, this);
      >
      > Then In the processFormSubmit method:
      > ImageBrowser.prototype.removeImage = function(ev, browser) {
      > // "this" is the form object.
      > YAHOO.util.Connect.setForm(this);
      > YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest(
      > this.method, this.action, browser.refreshCallback);
      > }
      >
      > It is submitting the form, but it _always_ set the submit action to
      > the first submit listed in the markup. I've looked at the source for
      > setForm in connection/connection-debug.js and it seems that it just
      > blindly clobbers any subsequent form submits:
      >
      > case 'submit':
      > if(hasSubmit == false){
      > this._sFormData += encodeURIComponent(oName) + '=' +
      > encodeURIComponent(oValue) + '&';
      > hasSubmit = true;
      > }
      > break;
      >
      > So, it certainly seems like I'm not using setForm properly -- but I
      > wonder if there is a way to do what I want here? It seems like this
      > could be the source for a number of hard-to-track down bugs.

      This is a known limitation of connection manager which will be
      resolved in the coming release. Have a look at this report:
      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1670523&group_id=165715&atid=836476

      Regards,
      Thomas
    • j_s_shirley
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tssha" <tsha@...> wrote:

        > This is a known limitation of connection manager which will be
        > resolved in the coming release. Have a look at this report:

        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1670523&group_id=165715&atid=836476

        > Regards,
        > Thomas

        Thomas,

        Thanks for the quick response and apologies for my lacking of
        searching there. Can't wait for 2.2.1 :)

        -Jay