Resizable columns in DataTable

  • foti-1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 10:01 AM
      The API documentation makes brief mention of a 'resizable' property for a DataTable column:
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/Column.html#resizeable

      The DataTable page also briefly mentions this:
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datatable/

      Yet it only seems to be mentioned in passing... there are no examples. Below is my own example, but I can't seem to figure out how to resize the table. The cursor changes, but clicking and dragging does not seem to do anything. Instead, I get a bunch of errors that "newWidth is not defined" at this point in datatable-beta.js (line 4459):

      YAHOO.util.WidthResizer.prototype.onDrag = function(e) {

      if(newWidth < this.minWidth) {
      newWidth = this.minWidth;
      }

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Peter Foti

      Below is the code (not sure how well this will come through):

      <head>
      <link rel="stylesheet" href="/yui/build/datatable/assets/datatable.css" type="text/css" media="screen" >
      <title>Data Table</title>
      <script src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
      <script src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/dragdrop/dragdrop-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
      <script src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/datasource/datasource-beta-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
      <script src="/yui/build/datatable/datatable-beta.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

      <script type="text/javascript">
      function init() {
      var myColumnHeaders = [
      {key:"name", text:"Dog's Name", resizeable:true},
      {key:"breed", text:"Dog's Breed", resizeable:true},
      {key:"age", text:"Dog's Age (in Weeks)", type:"number", resizeable:true}
      ];

      var myColumnSet = new YAHOO.widget.ColumnSet(myColumnHeaders);
      var myDataTable = new YAHOO.widget.DataTable("myMarkup",myColumnSet);
      }

      YAHOO.util.Event.on(window,'load',init);
      </script>
      </head>

      <thead>
      <th>AAA</th>
      <th>BBB</th>
      <th>1</th>
      </thead>
      <tbody>
      </tbody>

    • andresm1981
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 8:26 AM
        The Basic example uses resizable columns (just move the mouse between
        two table headers until the cursor changes to a resize icon...) :

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/basic.html

        p.s. I noticed that in your sample code you are using
        datatable-beta.js, but there is a bug in the current revision of
        datatable-beta-min.js and datatable-beta.js.. where resizing does not
        work.. Instead, try using datatabe-beta-debug.js

      • foti-1@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 8:49 AM
          Ah, ok. The bug you mentioned seems to be the problem, as switching to the -debug version fixed it. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll want to use the -debug version in production (though perhaps I shouldn't even be using datatable at all, since it's "beta"). Any word on when the -min version will be fixed?

          Thanks,
          Peter

          From: "andresm1981" <andresm1981@...>
> [...]
          > type="text/javascript"></script>
          > > <script
          > src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/datasource/datasource-beta-min.js"
          > type="text/javascript"></script>
          > > <script src="/yui/build/datatable/datatable-beta.js"
          > type="text/javascript"></script>
          > >
          > > <script type="text/javascript">
          > > function init() {
          > > var myColumnHeaders = [
          > > {key:"name", text:"Dog's Name", resizeable:true},
          > > {key:"breed", text:"Dog's Breed", resizeable:true},
          > > {key:"age", text:"Dog's Age (in Weeks)", type:"number",
          > resizeable:true}
          > > ];
          > >
          > > var myColumnSet = new YAHOO.widget.ColumnSet(myColumnHeaders);
          > > var myDataTable = new
          > YAHOO.widget.DataTable("myMarkup",myColumnSet);
          > > }
          > >
          > > YAHOO.util.Event.on(window,'load',init);

        • Eric Miraglia
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3 4:16 PM
            Peter,

            We expect to issue a bug-fix release next week; the correction to -min will be included in that release.

            Regards,
            Eric

            Eric Miraglia
            Yahoo! User Interface Library

            From: "andresm1981" <andresm1981@ yahoo.com>

            From: "andresm1981" <andresm1981@...>
            Date: April 3, 2007 8:26:51 AM PDT
            Subject: [ydn-javascript] Re: Resizable columns in DataTable

            --NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_10887_1175615363_1

            <head>
            </head>

            <!-- Network content -->

            two table headers until the cursor changes to a resize icon...) :<br>
            p.s. I noticed that in your sample code you are using<br>
            datatable-beta.<wbr>js,  but there is a bug in the current revision of<br>
            work.. Instead, try using datatabe-beta-<wbr>debug.js<br>
            &gt;<br>
            &gt; The API documentation makes brief mention of a 'resizable' property<br>
            for a DataTable column:<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; The DataTable page also briefly mentions this:<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; Yet it only seems to be mentioned in passing... there are no<br>
            examples.  Below is my own example, but I can't seem to figure out how<br>
            to resize the table.  The cursor changes, but clicking and dragging<br>
            does not seem to do anything.  Instead, I get a bunch of errors that<br>
            &quot;newWidth is not defined&quot; at this point in datatable-beta.<wbr>js (line 4459):<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; if(newWidth &lt; this.minWidth) {<br>
            &gt; newWidth = this.minWidth;<br>
            &gt; }<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt;  Any help would be appreciated.<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; Thanks,<br>
            &gt; Peter Foti<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; Below is the code (not sure how well this will come through):<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; &lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN&quot;<br>
            &gt; &lt;html&gt;<br>
            &gt; &lt;head&gt;<br>
            &gt; &lt;link rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot;<br>
            media=&quot;screen&quot; &gt;<br>
            &gt; &lt;title&gt;Data Table&lt;/title&gt;<br>
            &gt; &lt;script<br>
            type=&quot;text/javascri<wbr>pt&quot;&gt;&lt;/script&gt;<br>
            &gt; &lt;script<br>
            type=&quot;text/javascri<wbr>pt&quot;&gt;&lt;/script&gt;<br>
            &gt; &lt;script<br>
            type=&quot;text/javascri<wbr>pt&quot;&gt;&lt;/script&gt;<br>
            type=&quot;text/javascri<wbr>pt&quot;&gt;&lt;/script&gt;<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; &lt;script type=&quot;text/javascri<wbr>pt&quot;&gt;<br>
            &gt; function init() {<br>
            &gt; var myColumnHeaders = [<br>
            &gt; {key:&quot;name&quot;, text:&quot;Dog's Name&quot;, resizeable:true}<wbr>,<br>
            &gt; {key:&quot;age&quot;, text:&quot;Dog's Age (in Weeks)&quot;, type:&quot;number&quot;<wbr>,<br>
            resizeable:true}<br>
            &gt; ];<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; }<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; &lt;/script&gt;<br>
            &gt; &lt;/head&gt;<br>
            &gt; &lt;body id=&quot;dataTable&quot;<wbr>&gt;<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; &lt;div id=&quot;myMarkup&quot;<wbr>&gt;<br>
            &gt;     &lt;table id=&quot;myTable&quot;<wbr>&gt;<br>
            &gt;         &lt;thead&gt;<br>
            &gt;             &lt;tr&gt;<br>
            &gt;                 &lt;th&gt;AAA&lt;/th&gt;<br>
            &gt;                 &lt;th&gt;BBB&lt;/th&gt;<br>
            &gt;                 &lt;th&gt;1&lt;/th&gt;<br>
            &gt;             &lt;/tr&gt;<br>
            &gt;         &lt;/thead&gt;<br>
            &gt;         &lt;tbody&gt;<br>
            &gt;             &lt;tr&gt;<br>
            &gt;                 &lt;td&gt;aaa&lt;/td&gt;<br>
            &gt;                 &lt;td&gt;bbb&lt;/td&gt;<br>
            &gt;                 &lt;td&gt;3&lt;/td&gt;<br>
            &gt;             &lt;/tr&gt;<br>
            &gt;             &lt;tr&gt;<br>
            &gt;                 &lt;td&gt;aaa&lt;/td&gt;<br>
            &gt;                 &lt;td&gt;bbb&lt;/td&gt;<br>
            &gt;                 &lt;td&gt;5&lt;/td&gt;<br>
            &gt;             &lt;/tr&gt;<br>
            &gt;             &lt;tr&gt;<br>
            &gt;                 &lt;td&gt;aaa&lt;/td&gt;<br>
            &gt;                 &lt;td&gt;bbb&lt;/td&gt;<br>
            &gt;                 &lt;td&gt;7&lt;/td&gt;<br>
            &gt;             &lt;/tr&gt;<br>
            &gt;         &lt;/tbody&gt;<br>
            &gt;     &lt;/table&gt;<br>
            &gt; &lt;/div&gt;<br>
            &gt; <br>
            &gt; &lt;/body&gt;<br>
            &gt; &lt;/html&gt;<br>
            &gt;<br>

            --NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_10887_1175615363_1--