Weird Behaviour: Drag & Drop w/ Event Delegates

  • frankieshakes
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
      Hi there,

      I've been working on using event delegates with the drag and drop library and have been
      noticing some weird issues. As a result, the performance of the drag and drop is just
      atrocious.

      I've got a table with apx. 20 rows. Each row contains multiple <td> cells. The first cell is
      a checkbox.

      I've got a mouse handler delegate working to create a DDProxy object whenever the
      "mousemove" event is fired on a <tr>. I've also got a check in place so that only a single
      Proxy object is created even though multiple mouse move events are firing whenever
      moving the mouse on a single row.

      What I'm noticing though is when I check/uncheck the checkbox, the startDrag,
      setDragElPos and enDrag methods are also being called. What's throwing me off is that
      I'm not dragging the item at all. I'm simply checking the checkbox.

      I'm not sure what could be causing this issue. I would have figured that using the delegate
      as opposed to assigning n-number of Proxy objects would have improved performance.
      I'm noticing the complete opposite, but I don't think it's the delegate causing the problem.
      I'm just not sure where else to look.

      If anyone has a suggestion or could lend some insight, I'd really appreciate it.

      Thanks,
      Frank
    • ramya2priya
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
        Hi Frakie..

        Could you please give me the idea of working the dragdrop
        functionality for a table having multiple rows

        It would be great,if you provide me sample code..

        Thanks in advance
        Ramya

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "frankieshakes"