Menu item size

  • noods_testing
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007

      I'm just getting started using the YUI menu component and have gotten
      most of it setup how I want. I'm using top navigation in the same way
      as this example:
      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/topnavfrommarkup.html

      How do I increase the font-size of the menu items? I've tried adding a
      new stylesheet and increasing the font-size that way, but it doesn't
      increase the width of the menus that drop down, and any long text
      flows off the edge.

      If I use the browser to increase the overall font size it does resize
      the menus appropriately though.

      Any suggestions on how to set the font size properly?

      Cheers,
      Nick
    • alexshusta
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
        Did you try overriding the CSS rules for div.yuimenu li.yuimenuitem?

        E.g.
        div.yuimenu li.yuimenuitem {
        font-size: 152%;
        }

        The only problem with this rule is that the font resizing will be
        applied multiple times to submenu items.

        Hope that helps,
        ~Alexander

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "noods_testing" <nick@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm just getting started using the YUI menu component and have gotten
        > most of it setup how I want. I'm using top navigation in the same way
        > as this example:
        > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/topnavfrommarkup.html
        >
        > How do I increase the font-size of the menu items? I've tried adding a
        > new stylesheet and increasing the font-size that way, but it doesn't
        > increase the width of the menus that drop down, and any long text
        > flows off the edge.
        >
        > If I use the browser to increase the overall font size it does resize
        > the menus appropriately though.
        >
        > Any suggestions on how to set the font size properly?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Nick

      • noods_testing
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
          Hi, thanks for your reply!

          I did try that but came across the problem of submenus being resized
          multiple times as you say. I also needed the menubar size increased too.

          Your message gave me an idea though, and I managed to get it working
          the way I want by setting

          div.yuimenubar li.yuimenubaritem {
          font-size:90%;
          }

          div.yuimenu li.yuimenuitem {
          font-size:100%;
          }

          Which increased the size of the menubar to what I wanted, and then
          kept all of the menu items at the same size, including submenus.

          Cheers!

          Nick

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "alexshusta"