Calendar"dual fancy" from old version problem firefox

  • jacmgr
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 6:41 PM
      I previously used the old Calendar UI. I recently upgraded. In
      particular I tested all the examples of the old UI with me updating to
      the new libraries. I don't know enough about JS but I got all of them
      working. They all work in IE and FireFox except the old example "DUAL
      FANCY". (This example doesn't exist for the latest UI!) It can't find
      the var "this.dates". IE seems to find it I guess.

      Here is link. I believe I implemented new version correctly.
      http://www.jhinline.com/apitest/xmltest/yahoo/examples/calendar/default
      _2up/index.php?pcode=demo100

      Thankx in advance!
      John Del Ferro
    • jacmgr
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 6:50 PM
        Not sure how to post a proper link, make sure the link is

        http://www.jhinline.com/apitest/xmltest/yahoo/examples/calendar/

        PLUS THE FOLLOWING

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3 5:28 PM
          Here is a better link to my problem. You can see that the two
          calendars interact and work properly in IE, but in Firefox they have
          problem. I converted this example from the old UI to the latest
          UI. I don't know enough about JS, so I hope you can help!! You can
          do a view source to see all the code.

          http://tinyurl.com/2wqc2a
          or
          http://jhinline.com/apitest/xmltest/yahoo/examples/calendar/default_2
          up/index.php?pcode=demo100

          Thankyou
          John

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jacmgr" <jacmgr@...> wrote:

          > I previously used the old Calendar UI. I recently upgraded. In
          > particular I tested all the examples of the old UI with me
          updating to
          > the new libraries. I don't know enough about JS but I got all of
          them
          > working. They all work in IE and FireFox except the old
          example "DUAL
          > FANCY". (This example doesn't exist for the latest UI!) It can't
          find
          > the var "this.dates". IE seems to find it I guess.
          >
          > Here is link. I believe I implemented new version correctly.

          http://www.jhinline.com/apitest/xmltest/yahoo/examples/calendar/defau
          lt
          > _2up/index.php?pcode=demo100
          >
          > Thankx in advance!
          > John Del Ferro

        • Satyen Desai
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3 6:32 PM
            Hi John,

            The problem is not really Calendar related, but the way you are
            accessing the "dates" object.

            Based on a cursory glance of your code, it seems like you'd like to
            get hold of the FORM you have on your page which has name="dates",
            id="dates", and you're using "this.dates" to refer to it.

            "this.dates" will not work in FF, since "this" refers to the window.

            In fact it isn't really the proper way to access the form in IE
            either, but only works because IE creates a reference to DOM
            elements with IDs (in general) as window level variables

            You should use the document object to retrieve the form and it's
            elements ( document.forms["dates"] OR document.forms[0] OR
            document.dates ) or retrieve the elements using YAHOO.util.Dom.get
            ("dates")

            Hope that helps,
            Satyen
          • jacmgr
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4 6:38 AM
              Satyen,

              Thankyou very much. I added the reference to the form. It all works
              fine now in BOTH IE and FF. I appreciate your detailed response and
              the chance to learn something about JavaScript.

              THANKYOU!
              John
              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Satyen Desai" <sdezzi@...>