AW: [ydn-javascript] Calander Output

  • Gido Carper
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31 2:03 AM

      Hi Satyen,

      of course it would be cool te get some help.

      I don’t really have a problem with converting the Dates but for there is a function within the yahoo calendar which does the opposite of what I am looking for I thought perhaps its already there and I don’t see it.

      Though a little help for a function which sorts the dates right would be very nice.

      I need a structured output even if I randomly click on the calendar the ouput should

      be: 05.03.2007-08.03.2007,15.03.2007.18.03.2007

      so the getselecteddates first should be ordered in the right way and looping through this
      ordered array it should regonizes wheter a date is a following date or not.
      this function should run on each click so it cant be too long…any suggestions?

      Double Dates I get already in the function:

      YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.getSelectedDates()

      As soon as I click a date a few times the date will be double in the getselecteddates..

      I think it doesn’t take the selected dates but all the clicked dates I think…

      Regards

      Gido

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4, 2007
        Hi Gido,

        Some feedback below...

        > function within the yahoo calendar which does the opposite of what
        I am
        > looking for I thought perhaps its already there and I don't see it.

        There's nothing really available in the Calendar API which will
        handle this string creation for you, so it would need to be
        something you add on (including the range identification logic)

        > Though a little help for a function which sorts the dates right
        would be
        > very nice.

        getSelectedDates uses Array.sort with a Comparator function.

        e.g.

        datesArray.sort(function(a,b) {return a-b;});
        -or-
        datesArray.sort(function(a,b) {return a.getTime() - b.getTime();});

        But as implied, getSelectedDates should do this for you already.

        > Double Dates I get already in the function:
        >
        > YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.getSelectedDates()
        >
        > As soon as I click a date a few times the date will be double in
        the
        > getselecteddates..

        Can you post a link to your code/url where we could see this or
        provide some relevant pieces to reproduce. I have been unable to
        reproduce this locally.

        The only use-case I know of which creates date duplicates is if
        you're using Calendar.selectCell(i) to select dates programmatically
        (which will be fixed in the next release) but I'd like to find out
        if you have a use-case which results in duplicates also.

        Thanks,
        Satyen
      • drsunno
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2007
          Hi Saytan

          yes unfortunetaly I am using
          Calendar.selectCell(i) within the code.
          I am using the toggle function from:

          and some other functions wich use selectCell
          Okay I will have to find a way around it.
          Thanks!

          Regards
          Gido

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Satyen Desai" <sdezzi@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Gido,
          >
          > Some feedback below...
          >
          > > function within the yahoo calendar which does the opposite of
          what
          > I am
          > > looking for I thought perhaps its already there and I don't see
          it.

          > There's nothing really available in the Calendar API which will
          > handle this string creation for you, so it would need to be
          > something you add on (including the range identification logic)
          >
          > > Though a little help for a function which sorts the dates right
          > would be
          > > very nice.
          >
          > getSelectedDates uses Array.sort with a Comparator function.
          >
          > e.g.
          >
          > datesArray.sort(function(a,b) {return a-b;});
          > -or-
          > datesArray.sort(function(a,b) {return a.getTime() - b.getTime();});
          >
          > But as implied, getSelectedDates should do this for you already.
          >
          > > Double Dates I get already in the function:
          > >
          > > YAHOO.example.calendar.cal1.getSelectedDates()
          > >
          > > As soon as I click a date a few times the date will be double in
          > the
          > > getselecteddates..
          >
          > Can you post a link to your code/url where we could see this or
          > provide some relevant pieces to reproduce. I have been unable to
          > reproduce this locally.
          >
          > The only use-case I know of which creates date duplicates is if
          > you're using Calendar.selectCell(i) to select dates
          programmatically
          > (which will be fixed in the next release) but I'd like to find out
          > if you have a use-case which results in duplicates also.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Satyen

        • Satyen Desai
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 5, 2007
            Thanks for the validation. The fix for selectCell will be pushed out
            in the next release.

            Regards,
            Satyen
          • Satyen Desai
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 5, 2007

              The following thread discusses a workaround for the selectCell bug
              which you can look at: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ydn-
              javascript/message/9325

              Also as mentioned, a fix for it will be pushed out with the next YUI
              release.

              Regards,
              Satyen