Re: [ydn-javascript] TabView - Javascript doesn't work

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30, 2007
      Vairam,

      You'd probably want the dojo forums for posting that question; I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

      No YUI examples require database backends, as that would make them far less portable.  But AutoComplete and DataTable examples, as well as Connection Manager examples, model techniques you'd use in talking to a database.

      Regards,
      Eric

      On Mar 30, 2007, at 10:53 PM, VAIRAM VS wrote:

      Is there an sample Database intensive application that uses dojo?
      thanks
      vsv

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 30, 2007
        I am sorry, I meant YUI.
        What if I want to display multiple forms in M-D-D relational model i want to display each of them in a separate tab.
        I understand that YUI examples don't require database backends. However, without they interface with database or any other data provider web service, xml or any such methods, what is the benefit of YUI.
        Is YUI usage is for enterprise applications.
        thanks for you response.
        vsv

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        Something I've noticed - If I use the TabView component and place any
        javascript within the page that is being called within the tab
        structure it does not work. I do a basic alert just to test and it
        doesn't work.

        Was wondering if this is ! a bug of some kind or am I just not doing it
        right.

        Just to note, if I run the page that is being called alone the
        javascript alert works - its only when I pull it within the tabview.

        Thanks for any help or guidance that anyone can provide!!

        Be a PS3 game guru.

        always stay connected to friends.
      • Caridy Patiño Mayea
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2007
          Hi Aaron,

          I was facing the same problem for a while, and I already wrote a
          plugin (YAHOO.util.Dispatcher) to figure out this kind of situations...

          Here is an example:
          http://bubbling.comarq.com/themes/bubbling/examples/plugin-dispatcher-dynamic-tabs.html
          (interconnect every tab of the tabview with the dispatcher object)

          And here is the full explanation:
          http://bubbling.comarq.com/eng/node/dispatcher/
          (también disponible en español
          http://bubbling.comarq.com/esp/node/dispatcher/)

          Also, this plugin (YAHOO.util.Dispatcher) can work with a simple DIV,
          see the example here:
          http://bubbling.comarq.com/themes/bubbling/examples/plugin-dispatcher-dynamic-contents.html

          Well, just let me know if this plugin solve the problem...

          Note: to go deep in this issue, you can read this post (AJAX, onDemand
          JavaScript or Dynamic Script Tags)
          http://andreineculau.wordpress.com/2006/09/29/ajax-ondemand-javascript-or-dynamic-script-tags/

          Regards.
          Caridy

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Lee \(YUI\)"
          <mikelee@...> wrote:

          > Hi Aaron,
          >
          > I haven't been able to reproduce the error you're seeing. Can you offer
          > a sample URL or code that shows this issue? Thanks!
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Ted Husted
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2007
            YUI is a User Interface library. The library is a collection of Ajax
            widgets that developers can use to build interactive web applications.

            The data access model is via web service calls that return XML, JSON,
            or other text-based data types. The implementation of the web server
            is independant of the library. So long as it returns XML or JSON, then
            YUI should be able to use it.

            YUI is not an end-to-end solution. Developers must be savvy enough to
            provide their own web service backend. For more about how YUI can
            connect to web services, see the YUI Connection Manager object. Other
            common Ajax techniques for creating XmlHttpRequests work as well.

            YUI is the same library that Yahoo! uses with many of its own
            public-facing sites, so I'd venture that Yahoo! qualifies as an
            enterprise application :)

            HTH, Ted.
            <http://husted.com/ted/blog/>

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, VAIRAM VS <vsv02@...> wrote:

            > I am sorry, I meant YUI.
            > What if I want to display multiple forms in M-D-D relational model i
            want to display each of them in a separate tab.
            > I understand that YUI examples don't require database backends.
            However, without they interface with database or any other data
            provider web service, xml or any such methods, what is the benefit of YUI.
            > Is YUI usage is for enterprise applications.
            > thanks for you response.
            > vsv

            Yahoo! Games.