RE: [ydn-javascript] Removing YAHOO.log "debug" statements from application production code

  • Mike Lee (YUI)
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2007
      Hi Ted,

      Hmm, that's a good idea!

      As for handy tools, I don't know of any that are out there in the wild.
      Most that I've encountered seem to be home-grown. There are a few
      minification & compression tools out there, like JSMin[1] and
      ShrinkSafe[2]. You can also take a peek at jQuery's build process[3] and
      Makefile[4] for some ideas.

      I hope this helps!

      [1] Douglas Crockford's JSMin:
      http://javascript.crockford.com/jsmin.html
      [2] Dojo's ShrinkSafe: http://dojotoolkit.org/docs/shrinksafe
      [3] jQuery:
      http://docs.jquery.com/Downloading_jQuery#Subversion_.28SVN.29
      [4] jQuery's Makefile:
      http://dev.jquery.com/browser/trunk/jquery/Makefile

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4 2:24 PM
        Hi Ted,

        We currently use an automated ANT based process to create the normal,
        debug and min versions of the deployed production files which also
        runs them through JSLint.

        We're in the process of refining this process though (so that we don't
        have things like the empty else statements you mention below), and
        we'd be happy to share it as soon as it's mature enough to add value
        to the community.

        Regards,
        Satyen