Re: First record in a Recordset

  • Ted Husted
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2007
      This is a known issue that's been fixed for the next release.

      In the meantime, you can do this instead:

      var id = this._oRecordSet[0].id;

      HTH, Ted.
      <http://husted.com/ted/blog/>

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "luis_olarte" <luis_olarte@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi, I'm trying to get the first record of datasource, here is the code:
      >
      > var id = myDataTable.getRecordSet().getRecord(0)["column1"];
      >
      > but i can't get it but only the first record, (index 0), if i get
      > other record the 1,2, .... it works, for example:
      >
      > var id = myDataTable.getRecordSet().getRecord(1)["column1"];
      >
      > So i can't get the information of the first row, can you help me please?

    • luis_olarte
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2007
        Hi Ted,

        Sorry i'm new in yui, so I can't understand, could you explain this
        please.

        How do i use it in my exmaple:

        var id = myDataTable._oRecordSet.getRecord(0).id

        This way it doesn't work.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Husted" <groups@...> wrote:

        > This is a known issue that's been fixed for the next release.
        >
        > In the meantime, you can do this instead:
        >
        > var id = this._oRecordSet[0].id;
        >
        > HTH, Ted.
        > <http://husted.com/ted/blog/>
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "luis_olarte" <luis_olarte@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi, I'm trying to get the first record of datasource, here is the
        code:

        > > var id = myDataTable.getRecordSet().getRecord(0)["column1"];
        > >
        > > but i can't get it but only the first record, (index 0), if i get
        > > other record the 1,2, .... it works, for example:
        > >
        > > var id = myDataTable.getRecordSet().getRecord(1)["column1"];
        > >
        > > So i can't get the information of the first row, can you help me
        please?

      • luis_olarte
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 30, 2007
          I found the solution is to cast to the response to a variable:

          var resp = myDataTable.getRecordSet().getRecords();
          alert("Resp: " + resp[0]["column1"]);