Re: [ydn-javascript] what is the logger saying?

  • gauze@dropdead.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2007
      Quoting Eric Miraglia <miraglia@...>:

      > gauze,
      >
      > Logger statements are meant to give you a rough idea of what's
      > happening inside library components; there are self-contained and do
      > not map to a set of external definitions, so we need to make of them
      > what we can with the information they provide. Looking at these out
      > of context, it's hard to be of much help. Please repost with an
      > explanation of what components you're using, what order you're
      > implementing them, and so on.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Eric

      Ah I see. When I'm clicking trying to drag this div that is laid over an img
      apparently it is picking up the click as being on the image behind it
      and not on the div (which is the one below where it says the element
      is broken). I somehow stumbled on something that IE and FF do very
      differently (??)

      DD photo:
      Drag and drop is disabled, aborting

      (I am clicking on 'redeye' here (which has a transparent
      background-image: in it, and a raised z-index:) and the click event
      happens in 'photo' behind it)

      anyway here is the set of JS files I am using:

      yahoo-debug.js
      event-debug.js
      dom-debug.js
      yahoo-dom-event.js
      logger.js
      dragdrop-debug.js
      dragdrop/DDResize.js (cribbed from examples/)
      element-beta-debug.js
      tabview-debug.js

      plus a couple with local functions defined, not doing Yahoo stuffs,
      mostly stuff storing values of <select> menus to be POSTd back to the
      server...
      bunch of HTML here including the markup for tabs then at the end of
      body we hit this:

      my Yahoo js stuff
      YAHOO.example.DDApp = function() {

      // do after page load stuff:
      var myTabs = new YAHOO.widget.TabView("editbuttons");
      pic = new YAHOO.util.DD("photo"); // defined 'globally'

      pic.b4MouseDown = function(e) {
      // alert(e.x+","+e.y);

      mousex=YAHOO.util.Event.getPageX(e);
      mousey=YAHOO.util.Event.getPageY(e);
      photox=YAHOO.util.Dom.getX('photo');
      photoy=YAHOO.util.Dom.getY('photo');
      clickposx=mousex-photox;
      clickposy=mousey-photoy;

      // STUB for AJAX callback thing
      alert("zoom on: "+clickposx+","+clickposy);

      if (inzoom>0) {
      document.body.style.cursor="auto";
      pic.lock();
      inzoom=0;
      YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle('activeTextdiv1', 'display','block');
      pic.lock();

      // resize handle ... stolen form examples/
      var atd1, dh1, redeye, h_redeye;
      return {
      init: function() {

      // text area
      atd1 = new YAHOO.example.DDResize("activeTextdiv1",
      "handleDiv1", "panelresize");
      dh1 = new YAHOO.util.DD("activeTextdiv1", "paneldrag");
      dh1.addInvalidHandleId("handleDiv1");
      // redeye
      redeye = new YAHOO.example.DDResize("redeye",
      "redeyeHandle", "panelresize");
      h_redeye = new YAHOO.util.DD("redeye", "paneldrag");
      h_redeye.addInvalidHandleId("redeyeHandle");

      // hide redeye
      YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle('redeye', 'display','none');

      // need to figure out algorithm for this ...
      // arg1 == up/left, arg2 == down/right,
      atd1w=YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle('activeTextdiv1','width');
      atd1h=YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle('activeTextdiv1','height');
      atd1x=YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle('activeTextdiv1','left');
      atd1y=YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle('activeTextdiv1','top');
      photow=YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle('photo','width');
      photoh=YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle('photo','height');
      // remove "px" if it's there
      photoh=photoh.replace('px','');
      photow=photow.replace('px','');
      atd1w=atd1w.replace('px','');
      atd1h=atd1h.replace('px','');
      atd1x=atd1x.replace('px','');
      atd1y=atd1y.replace('px','');
      }
      };

      // try to grab mouse clicks in activetext/div holding it. (not working)

      atd1.b4MouseDown = function(e) {
      alert("cradle rock style");
      if (inzoom>0) {
      document.body.style.cursor="auto";
      pic.lock();
      alert(e.x+","+e.y);

      inzoom=0;

      } ();

      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, "load", YAHOO.example.DDApp.init);

      var myLogReader = new YAHOO.widget.LogReader();