Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Background image on the tab content div

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 30, 2007
      gregbrown,

      If you're just getting started with Firebug, you may want to check out this video of Firebug author Joe Hewitt giving a tour of the many "hidden" features:

      The downloadable version (.mp4) is the one to watch -- slightly clearer when looking at the screen.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Mar 29, 2007, at 10:52 PM, gregbown wrote:

      Thanks for pointing me to Firebug, what a great addition to my
      tools. It showed the div as element.style {display:none;} but with
      no source to the CSS declaration. Hmmmm it must be in the js
      In order for the div to show up it has to have a width and height
      specified in the CSS, just attaching a background-image as in
      HTML/CSS is not enough. The js wont render it unless it has a height
      and width is this normal for all js or specific to Yahoo.js?
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "alexshusta"
      <alexander.shusta@...> wrote:

      > Hmmmm, no changes are showing up at all? If you use the CSS
      selector
      > #lorem to set the font size or background color that doesn't happen
      > either? If that's the case then it sounds like your CSS file may
      not
      > be loading properly.
      >
      > But if those other changes do occur, then perhaps the background-
      image
      > property is being overwritten by some other, more specific, CSS
      rule.
      > In Firebug you can view all the CSS rules that are being applied
      to an
      > object through the Inspect tool. Click "Inspect" on the top left of
      > Firebug, then click the element on the page you'd like to inspect,
      > that loads the HTML for the element into the Firebug display. Now
      > click the "Options" menu on the top right of Firebug and uncheck
      the
      > "Show Computed Style" option. That makes Firebug show each rule
      that's
      > applied to the currently selected element, rules that have been
      > overridden are struck-through. See if the background-image rule is
      > being applied at any point, and if it is being overridden by
      something
      > else.
      >
      > Good luck,
      > ~Alexander
      >
      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "gregbown" <greg_bown@>
      wrote:

      > > Thank you for your response.
      > > I'm not sure what classes you are talking about, CSS classes?
      The