what is the logger saying?

  • gauze@dropdead.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30 7:13 AM
      I added the logger into my existing code to debug code that works on
      IE but not Firefox or Opera (and probably others) but I am having a
      hard time figuring out what it all means.
      Is there a guide to understanding what is going on?

      for example this:

      ERRO 516ms (+438) 10:02:55 AM:
      AttributeProvider:
      element not found

      I get several of these on page load in both IE and FF ...

      This is interesting in IE I get this:

      INFO 1047ms (+0) 10:08:33 AM:
      DragDrop redeye:
      redeye inital position: NaN, NaN

      but in FF around the same place in the log I get:

      INFO 1672ms (+0) 10:09:39 AM:
      DD redeye:
      redeye element is broken

      It's very very hard for me to provide code examples as I am kludging
      in functionality into an existing page that is generated by ASP.
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30 8:44 AM
        gauze,

        Logger statements are meant to give you a rough idea of what's happening inside library components; there are self-contained and do not map to a set of external definitions, so we need to make of them what we can with the information they provide.  Looking at these out of context, it's hard to be of much help.  Please repost with an explanation of what components you're using, what order you're implementing them, and so on.

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia
        Yahoo! User Interface Library

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30 9:35 AM
          Quoting Eric Miraglia <miraglia@...>:

          > gauze,
          >
          > Logger statements are meant to give you a rough idea of what's
          > happening inside library components; there are self-contained and do
          > not map to a set of external definitions, so we need to make of them
          > what we can with the information they provide. Looking at these out
          > of context, it's hard to be of much help. Please repost with an
          > explanation of what components you're using, what order you're
          > implementing them, and so on.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Eric

          Ah I see. When I'm clicking trying to drag this div that is laid over an img
          apparently it is picking up the click as being on the image behind it
          and not on the div (which is the one below where it says the element
          is broken). I somehow stumbled on something that IE and FF do very
          differently (??)

          DD photo:
          Drag and drop is disabled, aborting

          (I am clicking on 'redeye' here (which has a transparent
          background-image: in it, and a raised z-index:) and the click event
          happens in 'photo' behind it)

          anyway here is the set of JS files I am using:

          yahoo-debug.js
          event-debug.js
          dom-debug.js
          yahoo-dom-event.js
          logger.js
          dragdrop-debug.js
          dragdrop/DDResize.js (cribbed from examples/)
          element-beta-debug.js
          tabview-debug.js

          plus a couple with local functions defined, not doing Yahoo stuffs,
          mostly stuff storing values of <select> menus to be POSTd back to the
          server...
          bunch of HTML here including the markup for tabs then at the end of
          body we hit this:

          my Yahoo js stuff
          YAHOO.example.DDApp = function() {

          // do after page load stuff:
          var myTabs = new YAHOO.widget.TabView("editbuttons");
          pic = new YAHOO.util.DD("photo"); // defined 'globally'

          pic.b4MouseDown = function(e) {
          // alert(e.x+","+e.y);

          mousex=YAHOO.util.Event.getPageX(e);
          mousey=YAHOO.util.Event.getPageY(e);
          photox=YAHOO.util.Dom.getX('photo');
          photoy=YAHOO.util.Dom.getY('photo');
          clickposx=mousex-photox;
          clickposy=mousey-photoy;

          // STUB for AJAX callback thing
          alert("zoom on: "+clickposx+","+clickposy);

          if (inzoom>0) {
          document.body.style.cursor="auto";
          pic.lock();
          inzoom=0;
          YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle('activeTextdiv1', 'display','block');
          pic.lock();

          // resize handle ... stolen form examples/
          var atd1, dh1, redeye, h_redeye;
          return {
          init: function() {

          // text area
          atd1 = new YAHOO.example.DDResize("activeTextdiv1",
          "handleDiv1", "panelresize");
          dh1 = new YAHOO.util.DD("activeTextdiv1", "paneldrag");
          dh1.addInvalidHandleId("handleDiv1");
          // redeye
          redeye = new YAHOO.example.DDResize("redeye",
          "redeyeHandle", "panelresize");
          h_redeye = new YAHOO.util.DD("redeye", "paneldrag");
          h_redeye.addInvalidHandleId("redeyeHandle");

          // hide redeye
          YAHOO.util.Dom.setStyle('redeye', 'display','none');

          // need to figure out algorithm for this ...
          // arg1 == up/left, arg2 == down/right,
          atd1w=YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle('activeTextdiv1','width');
          atd1h=YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle('activeTextdiv1','height');
          atd1x=YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle('activeTextdiv1','left');
          atd1y=YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle('activeTextdiv1','top');
          photow=YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle('photo','width');
          photoh=YAHOO.util.Dom.getStyle('photo','height');
          // remove "px" if it's there
          photoh=photoh.replace('px','');
          photow=photow.replace('px','');
          atd1w=atd1w.replace('px','');
          atd1h=atd1h.replace('px','');
          atd1x=atd1x.replace('px','');
          atd1y=atd1y.replace('px','');
          }
          };

          // try to grab mouse clicks in activetext/div holding it. (not working)

          atd1.b4MouseDown = function(e) {
          alert("cradle rock style");
          if (inzoom>0) {
          document.body.style.cursor="auto";
          pic.lock();
          alert(e.x+","+e.y);

          inzoom=0;

          } ();

          YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window, "load", YAHOO.example.DDApp.init);

          var myLogReader = new YAHOO.widget.LogReader();