DataSource, DataTable, and XML

  • Dave Viner
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2007

      I'm having trouble getting my DataTable to load properly. I've built
      a super simple example of what i'm doing at
      http://dviner.amusive.com/ydn/test.html . When I load the page, it
      seems to request the xml file properly, but then no data table is
      actually displayed.

      Any thoughts on what i'm doing wrong?

      thanks
      dave
    • Peter Ford
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 2007
        for xml with
        myDataSource.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_XML;

        you should change your schema to use 'resultNode' instead of
        'resultsList' something like:

        myDataSource.responseSchema = {
        resultNode: "site",
        fields: ["active","age","domain",
        "fname","location","protected","title","updated"]
        };
      • Dave Viner
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 30, 2007
          hm... that doesn't seem to solve it...
          http://dviner.amusive.com/ydn/test.html still has the same problem.

          in addition, firefox's javascript console says the following:

          Error: oRawResponse.getElementsByTagName is not a function
          Source File:
          http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/datasource/datasource-beta-min.js
          Line: 39

          ??

          thanks
          dave

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Ford" <pete@...> wrote:

          > for xml with
          > myDataSource.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_XML;
          >
          > you should change your schema to use 'resultNode' instead of
          > 'resultsList' something like:
          >
          > myDataSource.responseSchema = {
          > resultNode: "site",
          > fields: ["active","age","domain",
          > "fname","location","protected","title","updated"]
          > };

        • jennykhan
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 9 4:48 PM
            Dave,

            It looks like your data MIME-type is set to text/plain instead of
            text/xml.

            Regards,
            Jenny