Does Autosuggest only match from character 1?

  • MrWump
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2007
      [ First post ]

      Not sure if that title makes sense, but to use one of the YUI
      examples could I configure the STATES Autocomplete so that if I type

      "k"
      it will suggest both
      Kansas
      and Oklahoma
      ( because they both contain a k ).

      If not, if I recreated the example using the XHR method am I correct
      in assuming that Autosuggest displays whatever it gets back from the
      data source, or does it do ADDITIONAL filtering?

      e.g. If I type "k" and I have that call a script which does an sql
      lookup and returns flat data of:

      kansas
      oklahoma

      does the Autosuggest displays both of these or does it take the
      returned data set and FILTER it and display "Kansas"?

      Thanks in advance

      Keith
    • Eric Miraglia
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2007
        Keith,

        Welcome to the group.

        I believe what you're looking for is the queryMatchContains setting on your DataSource.  If true, you will get Kansas and Oklahoma, if false just Kansas.

        In our documentation, we imply that this setting is related just to your cache when using XHR data sources; in fact, queryMatchContains also affects the behavior of JavaScript array data sources (same applies to queryMatchCase).  We'll get that clarified next time we push our docs.

        Regards,
        Eric

        Eric Miraglia
        Yahoo! User Interface Library

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 29, 2007
          Thanks for the fast response.. I think I'm going to like it here ;-)