Re: [ydn-javascript] NEWBIE: Design Help (IFRAME...)

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29 8:19 AM
      Michael,

      From a YUI perspective, it sounds to me like you'll want to read up on Connection Manager and DataTable.  For this kind of implementation, Event Utility and the Dom Collection will also prove useful.

      Resizing panes in your UI can be handled by the native frames implementation in the browser, in the event that you stick with your frameset approach; Jack Slocum has a Splitbar component that might be of use if you choose not to use frames.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! User Interface Library

      On Mar 28, 2007, at 8:54 PM, heybluez wrote:

      I have an app right now using HTML with Spring MVC as my web
      framework. I want to use yahoo ui for the "new and improved"
      functionality.

      In this app I am able to display emails when you click on a line in a
      table, etc. I have the layout broken into framesets and use iframes
      at times.

      i want some parts to be able to be resized in the browser (say a
      vertical row). I want to be able to dynamically load data into a
      scrollable part of the browser. For example displaying an email.

      I guess my question is how should I lay this out? I hope I make sense :)

      -Michael