Inner Html Java script doesent work please help

  • praveenreddy_s
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2007
      Inner Html Java script doesent work please help me i am ussing
      YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest('POST', sUrl, callback, postData);

      i jave a jsp page where i am getting a response here i have some
      script and a html form so the script for this form is not working.

      My code is a follows

      button it goes to a java script code and the response we store in
      frd div tag(as a response i am getting script and html page) </table>

      java script code:

      function makeRequest(val) /* val is value of radio button */
      {
      var postData = "payby="+val;
      var callback ={
      success: handleSuccess,
      failure: handleFailure
      };
      var sUrl = "payment.jsp"; /* this page contains java script
      which doesnt work*/
      var request = YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest('POST', sUrl,
      callback, postData);
      return 1;
      };

      var divq = document.getElementById("frd");

      function handleSuccess(o) {
      if(o.responseText != undefined) {
      divq.innerHTML = o.responseText; // in this response i am
      getting java script code which doesnt work.(from payment .jsp).
      }
      divq.style.display='inline';
      };
    • Vigneswaran R
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2007
        Hi,
            If you want to execute the javascript code which is coming from the .jsp file,
        you should put the code inside a <script> element instead of <div> element.
        Change the following line,
            <script id="frd" type="text/javascript"><script>

        Everything else seems ok to me. Hope this may help.

        Regards,
        Vignesh

        On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 09:06 +0000, praveenreddy_s wrote:
[...]

      • Rohan_Kayan
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 29, 2007
          Your code is looking ok to me , it should work , because I am using the same
          thing in my application , but sure where your sUrl is working fine or not ,
          you can put a checck like "o.status == 200" to check successful completion
          of the request .

          praveenreddy_s wrote:

          > Inner Html Java script doesent work please help me i am ussing
          > YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest('POST', sUrl, callback, postData);
          >
          > i jave a jsp page where i am getting a response here i have some
          > script and a html form so the script for this form is not working.
          >
          > My code is a follows

          > button it goes to a java script code and the response we store in
          > frd div tag(as a response i am getting script and html page) </table>
          >
          > java script code:
          >
          > function makeRequest(val) /* val is value of radio button */
          > {
          > var postData = "payby="+val;
          > var callback ={
          > success: handleSuccess,
          > failure: handleFailure
          > };
          > var sUrl = "payment.jsp"; /* this page contains java script
          > which doesnt work*/
          > var request = YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest('POST', sUrl,
          > callback, postData);
          > return 1;
          > };
          >
          > var divq = document.getElementById("frd");
          >
          > function handleSuccess(o) {
          > if(o.responseText != undefined) {
          > divq.innerHTML = o.responseText; // in this response i am
          > getting java script code which doesnt work.(from payment .jsp).
          > }
          > divq.style.display='inline';
          > };

        • praveenreddy_s
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 29, 2007
            as a response i am invoking the following jsp page,
            <head>
            <script type="text/javascript">
            alert("Testing...");
            </script>
            </head>
            <input type="text" name="uname">

            i have used <script id="frd" type="text/javascript"><script>
            when i click on a button the following message will be displayed as

            when i use script tag body part and java script part both are not working

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Vigneswaran R <vignesh@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > If you want to execute the javascript code which is coming from
            > the .jsp file,
            > you should put the code inside a <script> element instead of <div>
            > element.
            > Change the following line,
            > <script id="frd" type="text/javascript"><script>
            >
            > Everything else seems ok to me. Hope this may help.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Vignesh
            >

            > On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 09:06 +0000, praveenreddy_s wrote:
            > > Inner Html Java script doesent work please help me i am ussing
            > > YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest('POST', sUrl, callback, postData);
            > >
            > > i jave a jsp page where i am getting a response here i have some
            > > script and a html form so the script for this form is not working.
            > >
            > > My code is a follows

            > > button it goes to a java script code and the response we store in
            > > frd div tag(as a response i am getting script and html page) </table>
            > >
            > > java script code:
            > >
            > > function makeRequest(val) /* val is value of radio button */
            > > {
            > > var postData = "payby="+val;
            > > var callback ={
            > > success: handleSuccess,
            > > failure: handleFailure
            > > };
            > > var sUrl = "payment.jsp"; /* this page contains java script
            > > which doesnt work*/
            > > var request = YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest('POST', sUrl,
            > > callback, postData);
            > > return 1;
            > > };
            > >
            > > var divq = document.getElementById("frd");
            > >
            > > function handleSuccess(o) {
            > > if(o.responseText != undefined) {
            > > divq.innerHTML = o.responseText; // in this response i am
            > > getting java script code which doesnt work.(from payment .jsp).
            > > }
            > > divq.style.display='inline';
            > > };

          • Caridy Patiño Mayea
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 3, 2007
              Hello fellows:

              I was facing the same problem for a while, and I already wrote a
              plugin to figure out this kind of situations...

              Here is an example of dynamic areas with script tags:
              http://bubbling.comarq.com/themes/bubbling/examples/plugin-dispatcher-dynamic-contents.html

              And here is the full explanation:
              http://bubbling.comarq.com/eng/node/dispatcher/
              (también disponible en español
              http://bubbling.comarq.com/esp/node/dispatcher/)

              Also, this plugin (YAHOO.util.Dispatcher) can work with a tabview
              instance to management the dynamic tabs, see the example here:
              http://bubbling.comarq.com/themes/bubbling/examples/plugin-dispatcher-dynamic-tabs.html

              Well, just let me know if this plugin solve the problem...

              Note: to go deep in this issue, you can read this post (AJAX, onDemand
              JavaScript or Dynamic Script Tags)
              http://andreineculau.wordpress.com/2006/09/29/ajax-ondemand-javascript-or-dynamic-script-tags/

              Regards.
              Caridy