Slider code inconsistency?

  • khuang82
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2006
      I've been debugging an application using Yahoo's sliders for a few
      days now, and I'm wondering if I've spotted an inconsistency. This is
      between the regular code-compressed slider.js file, and what I'm
      calling the "debug" version. The Debug version being the slider.js
      file that comes with the examples, and is detailed in the API
      documentation:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/slider/docs/overview-summary-Slider.js.html

      When I run the regular slider.js version, initialization of a slider
      calls the slider.onChange() function, which I have overridden (like in
      the example). When using the "debug" slider.js version, this call to
      onChange is NOT made. I'm detecting the function calls by using
      Yahoo's log tool, and simple javascript alerts.

      Is this really a problem, or am I doing something wrong? I'm not sure
      how I could be causing this problem, since I'm not changing any code
      when switching between regular and debug versions (minus the debugging
      code, of course). This is causing me a lot of problems, and I'd
      appreciate any input I can get.

      Thanks!
      Kyle
    • khuang82
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2006
        I have also found that none of the files included in the ZIP packages
        (at least for the Slider library) don't contain any indication of a
        version number. This includes Javascript, Text and HTML files. This is
        a little disconcerting.

        Kyle