autocomplete issues

  • tomashelikar
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 27 11:08 AM
      This is my first post on this forum. I just started using the YUI, and
      must say that it is absolutely amazing what you guys have accomplished!

      Since I am new to using the YUI, this might be a trivial issue that I
      didn't see due to the short amount of time I've using your library.

      I've spent last several days to get the autocomplete working right,
      however, with no luck. I am using the XML version of the data source
      object. The problem is that autocomplete returns only the first
      element in the xml file. You can see its behaviour at:
      www.imouse.gsbrno.cz/autocomplete.php

      Any help/suggestion are greatly appreciated.

      Thanks a lot,
      Tom
    • tomashelikar
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 28 9:01 PM
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tomashelikar" <helikart@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        Anybody any ideas? Please?

        > This is my first post on this forum. I just started using the YUI, and
        > must say that it is absolutely amazing what you guys have accomplished!
        >
        > Since I am new to using the YUI, this might be a trivial issue that I
        > didn't see due to the short amount of time I've using your library.
        >
        > I've spent last several days to get the autocomplete working right,
        > however, with no luck. I am using the XML version of the data source
        > object. The problem is that autocomplete returns only the first
        > element in the xml file. You can see its behaviour at:
        > www.imouse.gsbrno.cz/autocomplete.php
        >
        > Any help/suggestion are greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks a lot,
        > Tom

      • tomashelikar
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 28 9:01 PM
          wrote:

          > Hi,
          Anybody any ideas? Please?

          > This is my first post on this forum. I just started using the YUI, and
          > must say that it is absolutely amazing what you guys have accomplished!
          >
          > Since I am new to using the YUI, this might be a trivial issue that I
          > didn't see due to the short amount of time I've using your library.
          >
          > I've spent last several days to get the autocomplete working right,
          > however, with no luck. I am using the XML version of the data source
          > object. The problem is that autocomplete returns only the first
          > element in the xml file. You can see its behaviour at:
          > www.imouse.gsbrno.cz/autocomplete.php
          >
          > Any help/suggestion are greatly appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks a lot,
          > Tom

        • bdetarade
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 29 1:19 AM
            wrote:

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tomashelikar" <helikart@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > Anybody any ideas? Please?
            >
            > > This is my first post on this forum. I just started using the YUI, and
            > > must say that it is absolutely amazing what you guys have
            accomplished!

            > > Since I am new to using the YUI, this might be a trivial issue that I
            > > didn't see due to the short amount of time I've using your library.
            > >
            > > I've spent last several days to get the autocomplete working right,
            > > however, with no luck. I am using the XML version of the data source
            > > object. The problem is that autocomplete returns only the first
            > > element in the xml file. You can see its behaviour at:
            > > www.imouse.gsbrno.cz/autocomplete.php
            > >
            > > Any help/suggestion are greatly appreciated.
            > >
            > > Thanks a lot,
            > > Tom

            Can you send use a non condensed version of your js code.
          • tomashelikar
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 29 7:23 AM
              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "bdetarade"
              <benoit.de.tarade@...> wrote:

              > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tomashelikar" <helikart@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tomashelikar" <helikart@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi,
              > > Anybody any ideas? Please?
              > >
              > > > This is my first post on this forum. I just started using the
              YUI, and
              > > > must say that it is absolutely amazing what you guys have
              > accomplished!
              > > >
              > > > Since I am new to using the YUI, this might be a trivial issue
              that I
              > > > didn't see due to the short amount of time I've using your library.
              > > >
              > > > I've spent last several days to get the autocomplete working right,
              > > > however, with no luck. I am using the XML version of the data source
              > > > object. The problem is that autocomplete returns only the first
              > > > element in the xml file. You can see its behaviour at:
              > > > www.imouse.gsbrno.cz/autocomplete.php
              > > >
              > > > Any help/suggestion are greatly appreciated.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks a lot,
              > > > Tom
              > > >

              > Can you send use a non condensed version of your js code.

              It should be non condensed when you view source page - at least it is
              on my browser. But here's the code anyways. Thanks again.

              <head>
              <title>Example: AutoComplete - Basic XML Data (YUI Library)</title>
              #ysearchmod {position:relative;padding:1em;}
              #ysearchautocomplete {position:relative;margin:1em;width:40%;}/*
              set width of widget here*/
              #ysearchinput {position:absolute;width:100%;height:1.4em;}
              #ysearchcontainer {position:absolute;top:1.7em;width:100%;}
              #ysearchcontainer .yui-ac-content
              {position:absolute;width:100%;border:1px solid
              #404040;background:#fff;overflow:hidden;z-index:9050;}
              #ysearchcontainer .yui-ac-shadow
              {position:absolute;margin:.3em;width:100%;background:#a0a0a0;z-index:9049;}
              #ysearchcontainer ul {padding:5px 0;width:100%;}
              #ysearchcontainer li {padding:0
              5px;cursor:default;white-space:nowrap;}
              #ysearchcontainer li.yui-ac-highlight {background:#ff0;}
              </head>
              <!-- AutoComplete begins -->

              <form onsubmit="return false">
              <h2 onclick="alert(oAutoComp.toString());">Yahoo! Search</h2>
              <input id="ysearchinput">
              </form>

              <!-- AutoComplete ends -->
              <!-- form onsubmit="return false">
              <input autocomplete="off" id="searchinput" />

              </form -->
              <!-- Dependencies -->
              <script type="text/javascript"
              src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js"></script>

              <!-- OPTIONAL: Connection (required only if using XHR DataSource) -->
              <script type="text/javascript"
              src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/connection/connection-min.js"></script>

              <!-- OPTIONAL: Animation (required only if enabling animation) -->
              <script type="text/javascript"
              src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/animation/animation-min.js"></script>

              <!-- OPTIONAL: External JSON parser from http://www.json.org/
              (enables JSON validation) -->
              <script type="text/javascript"
              src="http://www.json.org/json.js"></script>

              <!-- Source file -->
              <script type="text/javascript"
              src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/autocomplete/autocomplete-min.js"></script>

              <script type="text/javascript">
              // Instantiate an XHR DataSource and define schema as an
              array:
              //
              ["Multi-depth.object.notation.to.find.a.single.result.item",
              // "Query Key",
              // "Additional Param Name 1",
              // ...
              // "Additional Param Name n"]
              oACDS = new YAHOO.widget.DS_XHR("./example.xml",
              ["person", "name"]);
              //alert(oACDS.toString());
              oACDS.responseType = YAHOO.widget.DS_XHR.TYPE_XML;
              oACDS.queryMatchContains = true;
              /*oACDS.scriptQueryAppend = "results=100"; // Needed for YWS*/

              // Instantiate AutoComplete
              oAutoComp = new
              YAHOO.widget.AutoComplete("ysearchinput","ysearchcontainer", oACDS);
              </script>
            • tomashelikar
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 2, 2007
                wrote:

                > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "bdetarade"
                > <benoit.de.tarade@> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tomashelikar" <helikart@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tomashelikar" <helikart@>

                > > > Anybody any ideas? Please?

                > YUI, and
                > > accomplished!

                > that I

                > > Can you send use a non condensed version of your js code.
                > >

                > It should be non condensed when you view source page - at least it is
                > on my browser. But here's the code anyways. Thanks again.

                > <head>
                > <title>Example: AutoComplete - Basic XML Data (YUI Library)</title>
                > #ysearchmod {position:relative;padding:1em;}
                > #ysearchautocomplete {position:relative;margin:1em;width:40%;}/*
                > set width of widget here*/
                > #ysearchinput {position:absolute;width:100%;height:1.4em;}
                > #ysearchcontainer {position:absolute;top:1.7em;width:100%;}
                > #ysearchcontainer .yui-ac-content
                > {position:absolute;width:100%;border:1px solid
                > #404040;background:#fff;overflow:hidden;z-index:9050;}
                > #ysearchcontainer .yui-ac-shadow

                {position:absolute;margin:.3em;width:100%;background:#a0a0a0;z-index:9049;}
                > #ysearchcontainer ul {padding:5px 0;width:100%;}
                > #ysearchcontainer li {padding:0
                > 5px;cursor:default;white-space:nowrap;}
                > #ysearchcontainer li.yui-ac-highlight {background:#ff0;}
                > </head>
                > <!-- AutoComplete begins -->
                >
                > <form onsubmit="return false">
                > <h2 onclick="alert(oAutoComp.toString());">Yahoo!
                Search</h2>
                > <input id="ysearchinput">
                > </form>

                > <!-- AutoComplete ends -->
                > <!-- form onsubmit="return false">
                > <input autocomplete="off"
                id="searchinput" />

                > </form -->
                > <!-- Dependencies -->
                > <script type="text/javascript"

                src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js"></script>

                > <!-- OPTIONAL: Connection (required only if using XHR DataSource) -->
                > <script type="text/javascript"

                src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/connection/connection-min.js"></script>

                > <!-- OPTIONAL: Animation (required only if enabling animation) -->
                > <script type="text/javascript"

                src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/animation/animation-min.js"></script>

                > <!-- OPTIONAL: External JSON parser from http://www.json.org/
                > (enables JSON validation) -->
                > <script type="text/javascript"
                > src="http://www.json.org/json.js"></script>
                >
                > <!-- Source file -->
                > <script type="text/javascript"

                src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/autocomplete/autocomplete-min.js"></script>

                > <script type="text/javascript">
                > // Instantiate an XHR DataSource and define schema as an
                > array:
                > //
                > ["Multi-depth.object.notation.to.find.a.single.result.item",
                > // "Query Key",
                > // "Additional Param Name 1",
                > // ...
                > // "Additional Param Name n"]
                > oACDS = new YAHOO.widget.DS_XHR("./example.xml",
                > ["person", "name"]);
                > //alert(oACDS.toString());
                > oACDS.responseType = YAHOO.widget.DS_XHR.TYPE_XML;
                > oACDS.queryMatchContains = true;
                > /*oACDS.scriptQueryAppend = "results=100"; // Needed for
                YWS*/

                > // Instantiate AutoComplete
                > oAutoComp = new
                > YAHOO.widget.AutoComplete("ysearchinput","ysearchcontainer", oACDS);
                > </script>

                Any ideas on this please?
              • bdetarade
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 3, 2007
                  Have you tried to retrieve xml data from url
                  "http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/php/ysearch_proxy.php"
                  to check the format of you example.xml file?

                  wrote:

                  > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "bdetarade"
                  > <benoit.de.tarade@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tomashelikar" <helikart@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tomashelikar" <helikart@>

                  > > > Anybody any ideas? Please?

                  > YUI, and
                  > > accomplished!

                  > that I

                  > > Can you send use a non condensed version of your js code.
                  > >

                  > It should be non condensed when you view source page - at least it is
                  > on my browser. But here's the code anyways. Thanks again.

                  > <head>
                  > <title>Example: AutoComplete - Basic XML Data (YUI Library)</title>
                  > #ysearchmod {position:relative;padding:1em;}
                  > #ysearchautocomplete {position:relative;margin:1em;width:40%;}/*
                  > set width of widget here*/
                  > #ysearchinput {position:absolute;width:100%;height:1.4em;}
                  > #ysearchcontainer {position:absolute;top:1.7em;width:100%;}
                  > #ysearchcontainer .yui-ac-content
                  > {position:absolute;width:100%;border:1px solid
                  > #404040;background:#fff;overflow:hidden;z-index:9050;}
                  > #ysearchcontainer .yui-ac-shadow

                  {position:absolute;margin:.3em;width:100%;background:#a0a0a0;z-index:9049;}
                  > #ysearchcontainer ul {padding:5px 0;width:100%;}
                  > #ysearchcontainer li {padding:0
                  > 5px;cursor:default;white-space:nowrap;}
                  > #ysearchcontainer li.yui-ac-highlight {background:#ff0;}
                  > </head>
                  > <!-- AutoComplete begins -->
                  >
                  > <form onsubmit="return false">
                  > <h2 onclick="alert(oAutoComp.toString());">Yahoo!
                  Search</h2>
                  > <input id="ysearchinput">
                  > </form>

                  > <!-- AutoComplete ends -->
                  > <!-- form onsubmit="return false">
                  > <input autocomplete="off"
                  id="searchinput" />

                  > </form -->
                  > <!-- Dependencies -->
                  > <script type="text/javascript"

                  src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js"></script>

                  > <!-- OPTIONAL: Connection (required only if using XHR DataSource) -->
                  > <script type="text/javascript"

                  src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/connection/connection-min.js"></script>

                  > <!-- OPTIONAL: Animation (required only if enabling animation) -->
                  > <script type="text/javascript"

                  src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/animation/animation-min.js"></script>

                  > <!-- OPTIONAL: External JSON parser from http://www.json.org/
                  > (enables JSON validation) -->
                  > <script type="text/javascript"
                  > src="http://www.json.org/json.js"></script>
                  >
                  > <!-- Source file -->
                  > <script type="text/javascript"

                  src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/autocomplete/autocomplete-min.js"></script>

                  > <script type="text/javascript">
                  > // Instantiate an XHR DataSource and define schema as an
                  > array:
                  > //
                  > ["Multi-depth.object.notation.to.find.a.single.result.item",
                  > // "Query Key",
                  > // "Additional Param Name 1",
                  > // ...
                  > // "Additional Param Name n"]
                  > oACDS = new YAHOO.widget.DS_XHR("./example.xml",
                  > ["person", "name"]);
                  > //alert(oACDS.toString());
                  > oACDS.responseType = YAHOO.widget.DS_XHR.TYPE_XML;
                  > oACDS.queryMatchContains = true;
                  > /*oACDS.scriptQueryAppend = "results=100"; // Needed for
                  YWS*/

                  > // Instantiate AutoComplete
                  > oAutoComp = new
                  > YAHOO.widget.AutoComplete("ysearchinput","ysearchcontainer", oACDS);
                  > </script>

                • tomashelikar
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 3, 2007
                    I am not sure if I understand what you mean. My XML file (example.xml)
                    looks like follows:

                    <person>
                    <name>Text1</name>
                    <name>Text2</name>
                    <name>Text3</name>
                    <name>Text4</name>
                    </person>

                    As far as I can tell, it looks like there is no problem with the format.

                    Tom
                    <benoit.de.tarade@...> wrote:

                    > Have you tried to retrieve xml data from url

                    "http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/php/ysearch_proxy.php"
                    > to check the format of you example.xml file?
                    >
                    > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tomashelikar" <helikart@>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "bdetarade"
                    > > <benoit.de.tarade@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tomashelikar" <helikart@>

                    > > YUI, and
                    > > > accomplished!

                    > > that I
                    > library.

                    > right,
                    > source

                    > > > Can you send use a non condensed version of your js code.
                    > > >

                    > > It should be non condensed when you view source page - at least it is
                    > > on my browser. But here's the code anyways. Thanks again.

                    > > <head>
                    > > <title>Example: AutoComplete - Basic XML Data (YUI Library)</title>
                    > > #ysearchmod {position:relative;padding:1em;}
                    > > #ysearchautocomplete {position:relative;margin:1em;width:40%;}/*
                    > > set width of widget here*/
                    > > #ysearchinput {position:absolute;width:100%;height:1.4em;}
                    > > #ysearchcontainer {position:absolute;top:1.7em;width:100%;}
                    > > #ysearchcontainer .yui-ac-content
                    > > {position:absolute;width:100%;border:1px solid
                    > > #404040;background:#fff;overflow:hidden;z-index:9050;}
                    > > #ysearchcontainer .yui-ac-shadow

                    {position:absolute;margin:.3em;width:100%;background:#a0a0a0;z-index:9049;}
                    > > #ysearchcontainer ul {padding:5px 0;width:100%;}
                    > > #ysearchcontainer li {padding:0
                    > > 5px;cursor:default;white-space:nowrap;}
                    > > #ysearchcontainer li.yui-ac-highlight {background:#ff0;}
                    > > </head>
                    > > <!-- AutoComplete begins -->
                    > >
                    > > <form onsubmit="return false">
                    > > <h2 onclick="alert(oAutoComp.toString());">Yahoo!
                    > Search</h2>
                    > > <input id="ysearchinput">
                    > > </form>

                    > > <!-- AutoComplete ends -->
                    > > <!-- form onsubmit="return false">
                    > > <input autocomplete="off"
                    > id="searchinput" />

                    > > </form -->
                    > > <!-- Dependencies -->
                    > > <script type="text/javascript"

                    src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js"></script>

                    > > <!-- OPTIONAL: Connection (required only if using XHR DataSource)
                    -->
                    > > <script type="text/javascript"

                    src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/connection/connection-min.js"></script>

                    > > <!-- OPTIONAL: Animation (required only if enabling animation) -->
                    > > <script type="text/javascript"

                    src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/animation/animation-min.js"></script>

                    > > <!-- OPTIONAL: External JSON parser from http://www.json.org/
                    > > (enables JSON validation) -->
                    > > <script type="text/javascript"
                    > > src="http://www.json.org/json.js"></script>
                    > >
                    > > <!-- Source file -->
                    > > <script type="text/javascript"

                    src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/autocomplete/autocomplete-min.js"></script>

                    > > <script type="text/javascript">
                    > > // Instantiate an XHR DataSource and define schema as an
                    > > array:
                    > > //
                    > > ["Multi-depth.object.notation.to.find.a.single.result.item",
                    > > // "Query Key",
                    > > // "Additional Param Name 1",
                    > > // ...
                    > > // "Additional Param Name n"]
                    > > oACDS = new YAHOO.widget.DS_XHR("./example.xml",
                    > > ["person", "name"]);
                    > > //alert(oACDS.toString());
                    > > oACDS.responseType = YAHOO.widget.DS_XHR.TYPE_XML;
                    > > oACDS.queryMatchContains = true;
                    > > /*oACDS.scriptQueryAppend = "results=100"; // Needed for
                    > YWS*/
                    > >
                    > > // Instantiate AutoComplete
                    > > oAutoComp = new
                    > > YAHOO.widget.AutoComplete("ysearchinput","ysearchcontainer", oACDS);
                    > > </script>

                  • jennykhan
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 9, 2007
                      Hi Tom,

                      Your schema and data are out of sync. You've defined your schema as:

                      ["person", "name"]

                      which is to say, each result is in a node called "person", and within
                      each person node look for the data value "name".

                      Your return data contains one node "person", thus your container
                      populates with only one result.

                      There are many ways to solve your problem, but at the root of it, just
                      make sure the schema you define is accurate for the data you are
                      working with. For instance, try returning the following XML, and I
                      think your problem should be solved:

                      <person>
                      <name param="1">aText1</name>
                      </person>
                      <person>
                      <name param="2">bText2</name>
                      </person>
                      <person>
                      <name param="3">cText3</name>
                      </person>
                      <person>
                      <name param="4">dText4</name>
                      </person>

                      Hope that helps,
                      Jenny

                      wrote:

> [...]
                      > > >
                      > > > <script type="text/javascript">
                      > > > // Instantiate an XHR DataSource and define schema as an
                      > > > array:
                      > > > //
                      > > > ["Multi-depth.object.notation.to.find.a.single.result.item",
                      > > > // "Query Key",
                      > > > // "Additional Param Name 1",
                      > > > // ...
                      > > > // "Additional Param Name n"]
                      > > > oACDS = new YAHOO.widget.DS_XHR("./example.xml",
                      > > > ["person", "name"]);
                      > > > //alert(oACDS.toString());
                      > > > oACDS.responseType = YAHOO.widget.DS_XHR.TYPE_XML;
                      > > > oACDS.queryMatchContains = true;
                      > > > /*oACDS.scriptQueryAppend = "results=100"; // Needed for
                      > > YWS*/
                      > > >
                      > > > // Instantiate AutoComplete
                      > > > oAutoComp = new
                      > > > YAHOO.widget.AutoComplete("ysearchinput","ysearchcontainer", oACDS);

                    • tomashelikar
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 9, 2007
                        Jenny, you are my savior! Thanks a lot for your help!

                        Tom

                        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jennykhan" <jennyhan@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Tom,
                        >
                        > Your schema and data are out of sync. You've defined your schema as:
                        >
                        > ["person", "name"]
                        >
                        > which is to say, each result is in a node called "person", and within
                        > each person node look for the data value "name".
                        >
                        > Your return data contains one node "person", thus your container
                        > populates with only one result.
                        >
                        > There are many ways to solve your problem, but at the root of it, just
                        > make sure the schema you define is accurate for the data you are
                        > working with. For instance, try returning the following XML, and I
                        > think your problem should be solved:
                        >
                        > <person>
                        > <name param="1">aText1</name>
                        > </person>
                        > <person>
                        > <name param="2">bText2</name>
                        > </person>
                        > <person>
                        > <name param="3">cText3</name>
                        > </person>
                        > <person>
                        > <name param="4">dText4</name>
                        > </person>
                        >
                        > Hope that helps,
                        > Jenny
                        >

                        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tomashelikar" <helikart@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I am not sure if I understand what you mean. My XML file (example.xml)
                        > > looks like follows:
                        > >
                        > > <person>
                        > > <name>Text1</name>
                        > > <name>Text2</name>
                        > > <name>Text3</name>
                        > > <name>Text4</name>
                        > > </person>
                        > >
                        > > As far as I can tell, it looks like there is no problem with the
                        > format.
                        > >
                        > > Tom
                        > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "bdetarade"
                        > > <benoit.de.tarade@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Have you tried to retrieve xml data from url

                        "http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/php/ysearch_proxy.php"
                        > > > to check the format of you example.xml file?
                        > > >
                        > > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tomashelikar" <helikart@>

                        > <helikart@>

                        > > > library.

                        > > > right,
                        > > > source
                        > first

                        > it is

                        Library)</title>
                        {position:relative;margin:1em;width:40%;}/*

                        {position:absolute;margin:.3em;width:100%;background:#a0a0a0;z-index:9049;}

                        > > > Search</h2>

                        > > > id="searchinput" />

                        src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/yahoo-dom-event/yahoo-dom-event.js"></script>

                        > > -->

                        src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/connection/connection-min.js"></script>

                        src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/animation/animation-min.js"></script>

                        src="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.2.0/build/autocomplete/autocomplete-min.js"></script>

                        Needed for
                        > > > YWS*/

                      • Edwin Goei
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 28, 2007
                          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jennykhan" <jennyhan@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Tom,
                          >
                          > Your schema and data are out of sync. You've defined your schema as:
                          >
                          > ["person", "name"]
                          >
                          > which is to say, each result is in a node called "person", and within
                          > each person node look for the data value "name".
                          >
                          > Your return data contains one node "person", thus your container
                          > populates with only one result.
                          >
                          > There are many ways to solve your problem, but at the root of it, just
                          > make sure the schema you define is accurate for the data you are
                          > working with. For instance, try returning the following XML, and I
                          > think your problem should be solved:
                          >
                          > <person>
                          > <name param="1">aText1</name>
                          > </person>
                          > <person>
                          > <name param="2">bText2</name>
                          > </person>
                          > <person>
                          > <name param="3">cText3</name>
                          > </person>
                          > <person>
                          > <name param="4">dText4</name>
                          > </person>
                          >
                          > Hope that helps,
                          > Jenny
                          >

                          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "tomashelikar" <helikart@>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I am not sure if I understand what you mean. My XML file (example.xml)
                          > > looks like follows:
                          > >
                          > > <person>
                          > > <name>Text1</name>
                          > > <name>Text2</name>
                          > > <name>Text3</name>
                          > > <name>Text4</name>
                          > > </person>

                          Is there a way to solve this problem by fixing the schema rather than
                          the XML data? I have data in the original format and want a schema
                          that will work with it. I tried [ "name", "." ] and [ "name", "/" ]
                          but neither works. What schema will work?

                          -Edwin