RE: [ydn-javascript] Yui-t6 template behaving strange

  • Mike Lee (YUI)
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 23, 2007
      Hi Nico,

      Unfortunately, putting a % font size setting on the body, #doc,
      #custom-doc, #bd, #yui-main, or .yui-b (or any kind of layout container)
      causes the widths to render incorrectly. This is because the % font size
      setting compounds the relative widths used in the layout containers.

      To get around this, you can put your "font-size:77%" into a different
      group of selectors that you can use for your text. For example:

      P, #maincontent, .text { font-size:77% }

      Obviously, you can use whatever selectors you want. But avoid this if
      you can:

      #bd{
      background: #FFF;
      color: #666666;
      margin-bottom: 1em;
      font-size: 77% <-- here's the problem
      }

      I know it's a lot easier to put font settings in global containers like
      #bd, but the Grids CSS uses relative widths because that allows the
      entire layout to scale when users change their browser font settings
      (which is great for accessibility).

      I hope this helps.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 26, 2007
        Hi Mike,
        thank you very much for the clear explanation. I was used to use yui-grids 0.12 release and setting font size on #bd didnt break up layout. I just moved font size declaration and template is perfect!
        bye