RE: [ydn-javascript] toggling

  • Gatten, Matt
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      Hi Tom,

      Yeah, I understand what you want to do. I would make two methods in the
      object. One is the animation from state 1 to state 2. Then the second
      method to animate from state 2 back to state 1.

      Somewhere in the object. Name a property 'toggle' or 'toggled' and
      maybe it holds a value of yes/no, true/false, 1/0.

      Make a listener for the element for 'click' or 'dblclick'. Switch
      statement in the object reads 'this.toggled' to see if it's 'on/off' and
      have a simple case statement to handle the toggling.

      Switch(this.toggled){
      Case 'on': //animate to the off state

      Case 'off': //animate to the on state

      }

      Hope that helps. :) I love this stuff but stay mainly quiet. Looks
      like lots of foreign folks on there wanting someone to write code for
      them. haha

      Give me a yell some time. I'm always working on something.

      Matt Gatten
      Software Engineer - Request Systems
      314-512-4083