IE opacity animation bug?

  • digiornoman
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 11:08 PM
      I'm trying to animate the opacity (fade in) on a div that contains
      a <SELECT>. The effect seems to work just fine in FF, but the div
      just appears suddenly in IE (no fade).
      I've tested it with text, and other input elements, and this bug
      only seems happen when the div has a <select> element in it.
      Has anybody else run into this problem?

      CODE:

      html:
      <select>
      <option>One</option>
      <option>Two</option>
      <option>Three</option>
      <option>Four</option>
      </select>

      javascript:
      var anim = new YAHOO.util.Anim('fadein',
      {opacity: { to: 0 }},
      0.5,
      YAHOO.util.Easing.easeOut
      );
      anim.animate();
    • sushil gupta
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2006
        i want to learn to Drag & Drop Event in javascript using YAHOO frame work
        plz give me the link where i will get a simle examples

      • Matt Sweeney
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2006
          This is due to a bug in current versions of IE which doesnt allow
          setting opacity of SELECT elements.

          Unfortunately, there is no known workaround for IE < 7, other than
          hiding the SELECT.

          Matt

          digiornoman wrote:

          > I'm trying to animate the opacity (fade in) on a div that contains
          >a <SELECT>. The effect seems to work just fine in FF, but the div
          >just appears suddenly in IE (no fade).
          > I've tested it with text, and other input elements, and this bug
          >only seems happen when the div has a <select> element in it.
          > Has anybody else run into this problem?
          >
          >CODE:
          >
          >html:
          ><select>
          ><option>One</option>
          ><option>Two</option>
          ><option>Three</option>
          ><option>Four</option>
          ></select>
          >
          >javascript:
          >var anim = new YAHOO.util.Anim('fadein',
          > {opacity: { to: 0 }},
          > 0.5,
          > YAHOO.util.Easing.easeOut
          >);
          >anim.animate();
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • iilsley
          Message 4 of 4 , May 27, 2006
            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, sushil gupta <sushil4it@...> wrote:

            > i want to learn to Drag & Drop Event in javascript using YAHOO frame
            work
            > plz give me the link where i will get a simle examples

            Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/dragdrop/

            has some examples