Re: [ydn-javascript] onDrag not firing over IFrame

  • Adam Moore
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2006
      On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 05:23:45PM -0000, punkr1der wrote:
      > In IE 6 and FF 1.5 it seems the onDrag event isn't firing while the
      > mouse is over an IFrame. What I am trying to accomplish is a sizer
      > bar between two divs. Div on the right contains an IFrame, div in the
      > middle of the two fires a resize event on the pane objects. When
      > dragging fast to the right, the mouse sometimes goes over the IFrame,
      > but the onDrag event of the sizer bar fails to fire while over that
      > IFrame. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

      Jon, this is happening because the iframe absorbs the mouse events while you
      are dragging over it. It only happens when you drag fast because you are
      able to move the mouse faster than the element you are dragging can be
      positioned... as long as any element is between the mouse and the iframe,
      the mouse events will bubble up properly.

      I have a simple example that toggles the display of a transparent overlay
      during the drag. This will let you drag over iframes in the viewport.
      To handle a window that scrolls during the drag, you'll have to calculate
      the dimensions of the full document, but this is a start:

      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v090/dragdrop/examples/iframe.html

      -Adam