post dates back to calendar...

  • skiwalker20187
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2006
      so, im using the 2up calendar, and i'm def a newbie at this ui
      library, still haven't quite scuttled through every line of all the js
      files. but i thought i'd shout out to see if anyone had already tried
      this.

      i have the calendar in a form, i post the dates to the form no prob.
      it grabs those dates and uses them in my query for my report. the page
      posts to itself, my data comes up no prob. HOWEVER, i can't figure out
      for the life of me how to set the newly posted dates to the calendar
      so that i have the dates i chose instead of TODAY's date.

      any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

      chris
    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2006

        Chris,

        Try setting the onChange event of your form elements to change the calendar using setDate. The example on YDN does this:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/calendar/examples/default_2up/index.html

        Check out the functions called changeDate1 and changeDate2 for examples of what you’re looking to do.

        Steven Peterson

        Web Developer, Platform Engineering

        Yahoo!

        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2006
          i'm using that exact code, but when the form posts and the calendar
          renders, it renders TODAY's date, rather than the date i just picked.

          of course, when i initially pick the date, before clicking submit, it
          retains the date in the date select menus.

          how do i change it to render the date psted?

          thanks!