Button Control - Disable - Broken under IE6

  • Ted Husted
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2007
      There isn't a coding example, so maybe I'm missing something, but
      under IE6 (64-bit) the Button Control seems to accept onclick events
      when it is disabled.

      For an example, see

      * http://husted.com/anvil/test-button.html

      Under IE, the middle JavaScript button (#8) accepts click events even
      though it is disabled.

      Under FireFox, the onclick event is duly ignored.

      In the source, the __onClickis missing the "disabled" guard that the
      other events use (if(!this.get("disabled")) ...). But adding it didn't
      seem to help :(

      Since there wasn't a coding example, I haven't filed this as a bug,
      just in case there is more to it than:

      oPushButton8.set("disabled",true);

      -Ted.
      <http://husted.com/ted/blog/>
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2007
        Thanks for pointing this one out Ted. Please file a bug via SourceForge and I'll have this one fixed for the next release of YUI.

        - Todd

        There isn't a coding example, so maybe I'm missing something, but
        under IE6 (64-bit) the Button Control seems to accept onclick events
        when it is disabled.

        For an example, see

        * http://husted.com/anvil/test-button.html

        Under IE, the middle JavaScript button (#8) accepts click events even
        though it is disabled.

        Under FireFox, the onclick event is duly ignored.

        In the source, the __onClickis missing the "disabled" guard that the
        other events use (if(!this.get("disabled")) ...). But adding it didn't
        seem to help :(

        Since there wasn't a coding example, I haven't filed this as a bug,
        just in case there is more to it than:

        oPushButton8.set("disabled",true);

        -Ted.
        <http://husted.com/ted/blog/>