Re: Infinite loop from YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest

  • Thomas S. Sha
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "dugscoular" <dscoular@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > My apologies... it turned out that my hidden "nisDomain" form
      > element hadn't actually been written out to the form... so
      > I guess the behaviour was reasonable... the success routine
      > aborted when trying to set a null element and so was called
      > again and again...
      >
      > Sorry for impuning the connection utility... [Doug falls on sword]
      >
      > P.S. Can we get release numbers on the yui.zip files so we know
      > when to upgrade to new releases ?
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Doug

      There is a fix in the queue for the next release. In FF/Moz,
      exceptions halt at handleTransactionResponse and never clears the
      polling interval. Clearing the poll first, and then handling the
      results resolves this nastiness.

      *** Original ***
      Lines 205 - 206:
      oConn.handleTransactionResponse(o, callback);
      window.clearInterval(poll);

      *** Corrected ***
      window.clearInterval(poll);
      oConn.handleTransactionResponse(o, callback);

      Regards,
      Thomas