Animate clip property

  • josh_3736
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2006
      I am trying to animate the clip property of an element. (style="clip:rect(185px 0px 0px 0px);") Thus far I have had no luck. Is it possible to do?
    • Matt Sweeney
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2006
        Hi Josh,

        This isnt doable in the current version of animation, but you could
        write a subclass to handle the clip attribute seperately.

        Check out the YAHOO.util.Scroll class, which inherits from Anim, and
        enables animation of the "scroll" attribute. You can probably leverage
        that pattern to create a "clip" specific subclass.

        Matt