can you unsubscribe clickEvents on individual menu items?

  • iamakimmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 3:39 PM

      I'm very new to YUI...and I was wondering, if you have a menu and you
      subscribe the menu to a function like this:
      oMenu.clickEvent.subscribe(onMenuClick, oMenu, true);

      can you unsubscribe individual menu items? I was thinking something like:
      oMenu.getItem(x).clickEvent.unsubscribe(onMenuClick);

      Is this possible?

      Thanks!!
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 6:48 PM
        No, at least not in the way that you demonstrated in your example. You are adding a "clickEvent" listener to a menu, not individual items. Therefore, there is nothing to unsubscribe from at the menu item level. That said, you CAN subscribe to the "clickEvent" of each item in your menu and then remove those via "unsubscribe" as necessary. For example:

        var oMenu = new YAHOO.widget.Menu("mymenu");

        oMenu.addItems(
        [
        { text: "Item One", onclick: { fn:onMenuItemClick } },
        { text: "Item Two", onclick: { fn:onMenuItemClick, obj:"foo" } },
        { text: "Item Three", onclick: { fn:onMenuItemClick, obj: ["foo", "bar"] } },
        ]
        );

        oMenu.clickEvent.subscribe(onMenuClick, oMenu, true);

        oMenu.getItem(0).clickEvent.unsubscribe(onMenuItemClick);

        - Todd