Autocomplete submitting forms

  • Jason Lustig
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007

      I have been using Autocomplete in a number of webpages and it has been
      working great. However, now that I've upgraded to YUI 2.2.0, whenever
      I use the autocomplete widget and hit enter to select an item from the
      dropdown list, it submits the form. How can I turn this off? From what
      I can see in the changelong, nothing has changed between 0.12 and
      2.2.0. What causes this behavior and how can I disable it so that
      people can use "enter" to select items without automatically
      submitting the form?

      Thanks
      Jason
    • jennykhan
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2007
        Hi Jason,

        This seems to be a bug that affects Safari users only, and it has been
        addressed for the next release. If you are seeing this on browsers
        other than Safari, please be sure to forward a link to a reproducible
        case.

        Thanks!
        Jenny