TabView - show all content

  • Mike K.
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007
      I've implemented a TabView to clean up my interface a little bit. It
      makes it much more user-friendly when viewing an existing record.

      But when entering a new record, it can be cumbersome clicking the 4-5
      tabs to enter all the necessary data (required data is all on first
      tab, but many optional fields get manipulated on most new records).

      Is there a way to tell the TabView degrade back out into a non-tab
      layout? I know I can change the CSS class on the div's and ul's and
      li's, but I just wanted to know if there was a quick and easy way to
      change the display?
    • Matt Sweeney
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2007
        Hi Mike,

        The TabView class inherits addClass, removeClass, and setStyle methods
        from Element. You can use these to manage the look and feel of your
        tabs via JS.

        The simplest approach for what you are describing is probably just to
        add/remove the TabView CLASSNAME as needed.

        Matt