DataTable won't load XML data

  • Del
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2007
      I am trying to load XML data into a DataTable.

      I keep getting stuck at the "Loading data.." message

      connection.js is listed before datatable.js

      I am also sending the XML data as a text/xml header type

      Can't figure it out:

      http://gabbr.com/c/departmentofdefense/army/indexYUI.php
    • andrewrjones86
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
        I'm not an expert at this but I see from Firebug that the XML coming
        back is actually RSS, don't know if that makes much difference.

        Also, I would check again your resultNode, that don't seem right. I'm
        guessing it should be something like channel.item? Or is that only
        there because its RSS? Like I said, I'm no expert, just a pointer!

        This is how your XML is coming back:

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

        <rss version="2.0">
        <channel>
        <item>
        <troopName>SoldierName</troopName>
        <troopDesc>This is a basic soldier infantry</troopDesc>
        <troopHP>100</troopHP>
        <troopImage>soldier2.gif</troopImage><troopStr>0</troopStr>
        <troopSta>0</troopSta><troopInt>0</troopInt>
        <troopDex>0</troopDex><troopSquad>treo</troopSquad>
        <troopSpecialty>Soldier</troopSpecialty>
        <troopXP>20</troopXP><troopRank>Private</troopRank>
        </item>
        ......more items.....
        </channel></rss>

        Andrew

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Del" <dhanoad@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to load XML data into a DataTable.
        >
        > I keep getting stuck at the "Loading data.." message
        >
        > connection.js is listed before datatable.js
        >
        > I am also sending the XML data as a text/xml header type
        >
        > Can't figure it out:
        >
        > http://gabbr.com/c/departmentofdefense/army/indexYUI.php

      • Carlton Dickson
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
          Del, I think you need to change this part...
          resultNode: "ResultSet.Result", // Node name of each result item

          resultNode: "item", // Node name of each result item
          Because this is the repeating node, give it a try and let me know how you get on

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2007
            gentlmen,

            thank you for your help, it works now:

            http://gabbr.com/c/departmentofdefense/army/indexYUI.php

            AND I learned something today.. much appreciated

            it would have been nice if the UI spit out an error to at least point
            me in the right direction

            regardless, I am grateful for being allowed the privilege to work with
            Yahoo UI

            thanks again,

            - D

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Carlton Dickson
            <carltondickson@...> wrote:

            > Del, I think you need to change this part...
            > resultNode: "ResultSet.Result", // Node name of each result item

            > resultNode: "item", // Node name of each result item
            > Because this is the repeating node, give it a try and let me know
            how you get on

            {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}
> [...]
            > #ygrp-vital ul li{
            > list-style-type:none;
            > clear:both;
            > border:1px solid #e0ecee;
            > }
            > #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
            > font-weight:bold;
            > color:#ff7900;
            > float:right;
            > width:2em;
            > text-align:right;
            > padding-right:.5em;
            > }
            > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
            > font-weight:bold;
            > }
            > #ygrp-vital a {
            > text-decoration:none;
            > }
            >
            > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
            > text-decoration:underline;
            > }
            >
            > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
            > color:#999;
            > font-size:77%;
            > }
            > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
            > padding:6px 13px;
            > background-color:#e0ecee;
            > margin-bottom:20px;
            > }
            > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
            > padding:0 0 0 8px;
            > margin:0;
            > }
            > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
            > list-style-type:square;
            > padding:6px 0;
            > font-size:77%;
            > }
            > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
            > text-decoration:none;
            > font-size:130%;
            > }
            > #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
            > background-color:#eee;
            > margin-bottom:20px;
            > padding:0 8px;
            > }
            > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
            > padding:8px 0;
            > }
            > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
            > font-family:Arial;
            > font-weight:bold;
            > color:#628c2a;
            > font-size:100%;
            > line-height:122%;
            > }
            > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
            > text-decoration:none;
            > }
            > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
            > text-decoration:underline;
            > }
            > #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
            > margin:0;
            > }
            > o {font-size:0;}
            > .MsoNormal {
            > margin:0 0 0 0;
            > }
            > #ygrp-text tt{
            > font-size:120%;
            > }
            > blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
            > .replbq {margin:4;}
            > -->

            > What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis
            of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship.