Re: 2px less while animating div in IE 7

  • Prashant Nair
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2007
      Hey Matt,

      Thank you for your response.

      Here is what I was attempting to do: Expand a div and while expanding
      it move it left and up. This would five the illusion that the div is
      projecting outwards.

      The problem was that I was using obj.style.left to get the left and
      similarly the top coordinate (I'm using inline style). This was causing
      a 2px difference in IE (I'm not sure why). But after reading your
      comment I realised that I could use getXY to get the initial
      coordinates. And it works just fine.

      Thank you much. Fellow developers like you make this forum a great
      place.

      Regards
      -Prashant