Skip to search.

Create "prompt" box using Dialog

  • jjathman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2007
      I'm trying to create a fancy looking prompt box using the dialog
      class. It is mostly working, however I need a way of returning the
      value typed in the new "prompt" box back to the calling function.

      In my old code it would create the prompt but the prompt function
      doesn't return until the OK or Cancel button is pressed, but dialog
      does not work this way. Dialog immediately returns after the dialog
      is rendered. I'm using a modal dialog box which to me would indicate
      I want to return something from the dialog. Any ideas? I know this
      isn't quite what the intention of this widget was since I'm not
      submitting the data anywhere.
    • Michael Sync
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2007
        Hi,
        Please check my article. maybe. it's exactly what you want.

        Michael Sync's Blog : Custom Javascript Dialog

        Hope, it would help.. Let me know if you have any issue.
        Thanks.

        Regards,
        Mike.

        --