Re: [ydn-javascript] Slider error when hidden!

  • Alessandro Vernet
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2007
      Eric,

      Eric Miraglia wrote:

      > Another approach that should solve your problem is to load the page
      > with your slider set with visibility:hidden and position:absolute.
      > This will take it out of the page flow and make it invisible, just
      > like display:none, but without the harmful side effects.

      This is a good point. I will try this approach.

      Alex
      --
      Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
      http://www.orbeon.com/
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
        Eric,

        Alessandro Vernet wrote:

        > Eric,
        >

        > Eric Miraglia wrote:
        >>
        >> Another approach that should solve your problem is to load the page
        >> with your slider set with visibility:hidden and position:absolute.
        >> This will take it out of the page flow and make it invisible, just
        >> like display:none, but without the harmful side effects.
        >>

        > This is a good point. I will try this approach.

        I am not sure if a follow-up on a thread almost two years after the last
        message is considered good etiquette :), but your suggestion works
        beautifully. Thanks!

        Alex

        -----
        Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
        Orbeon's Blog: http://www.orbeon.com/blog/
        Personal Blog: http://avernet.blogspot.com/
        Twitter - http://twitter.com/avernet
      • Eric Miraglia
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
          Alex,

          I'm glad the solution worked for you -- and that we're all still here having fun with YUI two years later!

          -Eric

          On Nov 12, 2008, at 6:02 PM, Alessandro Vernet wrote:

          Eric,