Re: [ydn-javascript] DataTable which row was selected?

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2007
      This is what I figured:

      var onRowSelectEvent= function (e) {
       console.log(window.myDataTable.getRecordSet().getRecord(e.els[0].recordId));
      };

      The expression above returns a record, which have the original values of the DataSource as properties.  Otherwise, I found that the event gives more information about the HTML (which has been dynamically generated by the widget and is mostly unknown to me) than about the data in it.

      There should be a better way.

      Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 5:40 PM
      Subject: [ydn-javascript] DataTable which row was selected?

      Hi,

      I have set the table up with rowSingleSelect: true. I want the user to
      select a row, which then updates part of a page based on the data from
      that row. However, I cant work out how to get which row has been
      selected. Once I can do this, I will need to get data from a
      particular column in the row.

      Can anybody give me a some pointers to help me get started?

      Cheers,
      Andrew

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
    • andrewrjones86
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2007
        I managed to get this working so thought I would post what I done in
        case anyone else is trying to do the same.

        Firstly create the DataTable with rowSingleSelect:true.

        Next add the event by doing the following:

        myDataTable.subscribe("selectEvent",eventSelectRow);

        Then create the function which is ran when a row is selected, as shown
        below

        function eventSelectRow(e){

        // gets the row object
        var row = this.getRecordSet().getRecord(e.els[0].recordId);
        }

        Once you have the row object, it will have the original values of the
        DataSouce as properties. So if you have a column of users, the
        following will show the user you selected.

        alert(row.user);

        Andrew

        > This is what I figured:
        >
        > var onRowSelectEvent= function (e) {

        console.log(window.myDataTable.getRecordSet().getRecord(e.els[0].recordId));
        > };
        >
        > The expression above returns a record, which have the original
        values of the DataSource as properties. Otherwise, I found that the
        event gives more information about the HTML (which has been
        dynamically generated by the widget and is mostly unknown to me) than
        about the data in it.

        > There should be a better way.
        >
        > Satyam

        27/02/2007 15:24